Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Rdwc build/guide

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 17,323 Times

Default Rdwc build/guide

Build:

Little guide on how i built my RDWC system. Although i fuckin love dwc, when i grow trees on my wilma and oxypots its a constant battle with roots tangling up in probes, pumps ect so just liked the idea of having two pots with plants and rootmass's in so all equipment could be in control res and have no similar issues to dwc grows.

When planning your own design/build you dont need to go this complicated, you dont realy need 4 point entry spraybars or back pressure/mixing valve. But i thought fuck it why not

First i decided i would only need to grow two plants in my room so went about planning layout. Two tubs on back wall and control res tucked up side out the way. Doing it this way allowed me to have room still for my chiller and water butt.

When it came to picking tubs for plants there was no messing about. The black realy useful tubs are bang on for building systems with. Realy strong, good lids and flat walls on the side for drilling through and using fittings on:

I went about positioning tubs where i wanted them and accessed how many elbows and fittings i need to build system. Then when i pictured layout in head i went about fitting the 40mm tank connectors. I fitted three on each tub, front,back and inside to give me a little room to walk down sides of the system.

Measure centre of tubs and mark up ready for holesaw:

Cut them out and deburr all the edges around the freshly cut hole. Little tip do this asap after cutting the hole and the plastic is hot and peels off easier:

Then take tank connectors and insert through holes. I placed rubber washers on outside of tubs. I put some jointing paste around the thread of the fittings then tightend up with hands then give a extra nip up with spanner. Careful not to overtighten them and crush the washers:

I then went about piloting holes for spray bars while i had access to tanks properly. First measured up centre of each side and as high up as i could whithout effecting integrity of tub, popped a 3mm pilot hole through then holesawed em. Deburred same was as tank conectors:

I then went about glueing 32mm - 22mm reducers with little stubs of 22mm pipe on em and pushed em through holes of tub (4 in total):

Glued on my 22mm tee's onto end of stubs of pipe and started mesuring my lengths of pipe for spraybars inside of tub:

Then went about drilling my 3mm holes into base of pipe for spraybars. First i drilled out two holes on each piece of pipe but after filling and testing i put extra holes in. So theres three in total on each longer length of pipe and two on the shorter sections:

Then glued together rest of internal spraybars and went about builing my top header pipe around spraybars. I wanted this in all 32mm pipe to hold more water volume and help distribute equal pressure to all four entry points of the spraybars:

Now with internal spray bars all connected i went about sorting return pipework. Layed pots out in all final positions and started measuring my pipe runs and cutting them to suite. Same as drilling the holes each piece of pipe was fully deburred to allow glue to form correctly on joints and prevent any shit floatin around system and blockin up spraybar holes. Marked centre of lids and cut out where netpot while sit:

Now at this point when all returns where connected to control and both pots i filled up system and checked for leaks.....
    There wasnt any

Me being the clumsy twat i am knew i wanted to prevent myself from stubbling around stoned and standing and fuckin up my pipework. So i knew i wanted em boxed in and protected, nothin to professional just some studwork and mdf boardin that could take my weight and be easily removed in future if need be.

So i drilled and screwed studwork alongside my pipework to make support frame and then boarded it all over:

Last edited by Jesse Pinkman; 21-08-17 at 05:03 PM.

2. The Following 32 Users Say Thank You to Jesse Pinkman For This Useful Post:

Aaron_Spacemuseum (06-08-20), B.A.BARACUS (20-10-16), badbillybob (20-10-16), Bethmeg (17-10-16), Blue (17-10-16), BornToBeAgrower (23-02-18), Bud Lightyear (17-10-16), Buster (31-10-16), Catch_E_Monkey (07-11-16), Danj246 (21-08-17), Dazmandaz (17-10-16), Dr Watt (10-04-18), imnice (19-11-16), jay jay (05-12-16), JB (31-03-17), joker_the_smoker (20-10-16), kbag (18-10-16), kush king (25-03-18), lousizzle (02-12-16), M_C (20-10-16), Oxy (18-10-16), Pablo (07-03-18), redisiel (17-10-16), Samwise Gamgee (20-10-16), The Solyom (09-03-20), Trex (01-01-17)

Thanks

Then it was simply a matter of piping up my 32mm spraybar feed pipe from my control tub to my other two tubs:

Was going to board over the spraybar pipe aswel but simply havnt got around to it yet. Like i say not needed but didnt wanna stand on my pipework and crack it flooding my groom out.

Was a matter of connecting pump to spraybar feed then. I used a rubber hose connextion piece to connect from outlet of pump and plastic pipework, helps reduce noise transfer form vibrating pump to pipework.

As you can see from picture above ^^ i put a extra pipe off my spraybar pump with a valve on it. This can then be used to reduce pressure from spraybars if need be and spray water back into header. Also helps to balance out water levels if when u fill system up and test it u get uneven levels within pots compared to control res. There is a valve on pipe that feeds spraybars and a valve on emergency pipe aswel.

A handy device i used was one of these guys. A water flow meter. When i finally filled up system from empty to full i put this on the end of pipe to tell me exactly how much water my system is holds, which is 170L.
    Only 15 snots or somthing it cost will help when working out feed levels ect.

Filled the system and tested spraybars for leaks. Which was all good so then piped up my chiller using 22mm pipe and the same rubber connections onto chiller outlets. Tried a 1000lph pump first but was a tad to slow due to vertical climb in pipework and the size of it. So i changed to a 2000lph pump and that worked alot better. Chiles whole system from 26°c to 18°c in just under a hour.

system then went live

Heres a video of her in action:

Peace out bitches
    Last edited by Jesse Pinkman; 22-08-17 at 09:44 AM.

4. The Following 27 Users Say Thank You to Jesse Pinkman For This Useful Post:

B.A.BARACUS (20-10-16), badbillybob (20-10-16), Bethmeg (17-10-16), Blue (17-10-16), BornToBeAgrower (23-02-18), Buster (31-10-16), Catch_E_Monkey (07-11-16), Dazmandaz (17-10-16), jay jay (05-12-16), JB (31-03-17), joker_the_smoker (20-10-16), kush king (25-03-18), Majestic (30-04-18), M_C (20-10-16), noodle (17-12-16), Oxy (18-10-16), RASTA (20-10-16), redisiel (17-10-16), Samwise Gamgee (20-10-16), The Solyom (09-03-20), thegrower1 (08-12-16), Trex (31-01-17), Tyrionblue (06-12-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 79,865 Times

6. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Bud Lightyear For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (18-10-16), Blue (17-10-16), Buster (31-10-16), Catch_E_Monkey (07-11-16), Dazmandaz (17-10-16), JB (31-03-17), Jesse Pinkman (17-10-16), joker_the_smoker (20-10-16), kush king (25-03-18), M_C (20-10-16), redisiel (17-10-16), Trex (08-12-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,522 Times

excellent work Mr pinkman

great guide mate , your such a fooker i so have to give this a go lol well a few more grows in ma big oxy pot first before i jump to that, if i hound you about rdwc youll only have yourself to blame tbh . and superb video as well mate . thanks for taking the time to do this guide and sharing it

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dazmandaz For This Useful Post:

Jesse Pinkman (17-10-16), Paulgarmson (07-11-16), redisiel (17-10-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 29,329 Times

You da man jp love that style spray bar I would deffo do somink like that if I wax to do another one.
    Excellent brother. Git a 2 liter Pepsi bottle handy?
    Blessings and gratitude
    Redz
    NO-TILL Gardening with REDZ

REDZ BUILDS LIVING SOIL!!!

Redz & Ironjustice Do super lemon haze in rdwc for GWP

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...n-rdwc-for-GPW(COMPLETE)
    LOOSE LIPS SINK SHIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to redisiel For This Useful Post:

Catch_E_Monkey (07-11-16), Jesse Pinkman (17-10-16)

Dr-Chronic Guest

Jesse your a bad ass mofucker my friend proper little set up you've made yourself mate

Any chance you could put up the parts we need save a killing on buying a whole kit mate definatly interested in this mate and deffo sticky

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dr-Chronic For This Useful Post:

Catch_E_Monkey (07-11-16), Jesse Pinkman (17-10-16), kush king (25-03-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 37,976 Times

Brilliant Mr Pinkman, That sure does look the business

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blue For This Useful Post:

Catch_E_Monkey (07-11-16), Jesse Pinkman (17-10-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bud Lightyear View Post
    Outstanding work JP...A work of art No question a sticky

Regards BL
    Ha cheers sir lightyear appreciate it mate. Had to have a bash at the old rdwc lark answerd a few questions i had stuck in my head with the first grow in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazmandaz View Post
    excellent work Mr pinkman

great guide mate , your such a fooker i so have to give this a go lol well a few more grows in ma big oxy pot first before i jump to that, if i hound you about rdwc youll only have yourself to blame tbh . and superb video as well mate . thanks for taking the time to do this guide and sharing it
    Cheers old fruit ha yeah man have a crack in future mate why not. Cheers dude just wanted to get a grow done it first before i put the build up so could address any issues an shit

Quote Originally Posted by redsiel View Post
    You da man jp love that style spray bar I would deffo do somink like that if I wax to do another one.
    Excellent brother. Git a 2 liter Pepsi bottle handy?
    Blessings and gratitude
    Redz
    Ha cheers reds, appreciate it dude. Yeah wanted that layout of spraybars to help leep root mass central with abit of downwards pressure. The 4 entry points was just to make square spraybars for stable realy instead of just usin two entry points and having to glue spraybar inside tub

Quote Originally Posted by Dr-Chronic View Post
    Jesse your a bad ass mofucker my friend proper little set up you've made yourself mate

Any chance you could put up the parts we need save a killing on buying a whole kit mate definatly interested in this mate and deffo sticky
    Fuck yeah i forgot about that, yeah nonworrys i'll drop em up over the next few days. Off the shelf systems are a fuckin rip off mate aint hey. Perform well some of em. Ut can make one yourself for fraction of price and make improvements aswel

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    Brilliant Mr Pinkman, That sure does look the business
    Cheers mate. Cant complain first grow in it was a pleasure

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jesse Pinkman For This Useful Post:

Blue (18-10-16), Catch_E_Monkey (07-11-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,551 Times

Ffs you even manage to make the system look good before any plants have even gone in!

Fine work JP
    Too weird to live, too rare to die

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cunning For This Useful Post:

Catch_E_Monkey (07-11-16), Jesse Pinkman (18-10-16), M_C (20-10-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,551 Times

And then I watched the video haha

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cunning For This Useful Post:

Catch_E_Monkey (07-11-16), Jesse Pinkman (18-10-16)

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast