Thread: my plants are dying please help

Thanks

Question my plants are dying please help

this is my first try and i have encountered a big problem.
    the leaves are turning yellow and i don't know what to do.
    i planted these about a month ago. they grew at a normal pace for the first 2 weeks but since then they stopped growing and now their leaves are becoming yellow.
    i'm using a single 400w metal-halide lamp for now.
    i have 2 more 400w that i'm not using for now and i plan to use them when the plants are bigger
    i have used 20-20-20 npk supplement twice during this 1 month and yesterday i bought cal-mag-zinc pill (those that are created for human use) and mixed 1 pill with 4 liter of and added it to the soil

uploads.im/KzDp1.jpg

uploads.im/PkXSN.jpg

uploads.im/KVWqx.jpg

uploads.im/xJdgW.jpg

uploads.im/AkZ5U.jpg

if you need anymore information let me know

2. The Following User Says Thank You to bigluck For This Useful Post:

hanny098 (03-01-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,780 Times

How much have you fed them?
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    How much have you fed them?
    Since this is my first time i figured out giving them less supplements is less risky than overfeeding them so i gave the half the doseg which was written on the npk 20-20-20 box.
    Do you think that's the problem?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,780 Times

It's probably a feed issue one way or the other... 20:20:20 NPK isn't very canna friendly either

Thanks

What npk should I buy?
    I read somewhere some growers use it during all stages

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

look hungry to me matey. take it you growing in soil? am not a soil grower as i prefer coco. but i know old timers nutrients are popular with soil growers on here. get yourself bottle of old timers grow & bloom

Viz Guest

If you are using soil, what soil? Soil normally gives you a good few weeks before you need any feed at all. For example I only started to feed my girls second week into flower...

All I use is Plant Magic Old Timers Grow and Bloom. Plus some black strap molasses for the soil every now and then.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 17,171 Times

The NPK sounds terrible for Canna, tbh I can't imagine that NPK would be much good for any plants

Generally with canna the NPK ratio needs adjusting depending on the part of the grow you are on, I will put rough details of what to look for below:

Early Veg - 10-8-4, the plants require the nitrogen for leaf growth, and the extra phosphorous for root development.

Veg - 10-4-4, the plants should be well rooted after 4 or 5 weeks and do not require as much phosherous

Early Flower - 10-8-4 - The plants still require nitrogen for the first couple of weeks of flower, but they also want extra phosphorous to help the buds develop

Flower (about 2 weeks in) - 4-8-8 - At this stage the plants need less nitrogen as they are no longer developing leaves, but require more phosphorus and potassium to develop the flowers

Late flower (last 3 weeks) - 4-4-10 - At this stage the plants require more potassium than phosphorous, and still next to no nitrogen.

The NPK ratio's above are not exact and may slightly differ, but are just an idea of the rough ratio's needed for canna growth

Hope that helps

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Samwise Gamgee For This Useful Post:

jake420 (23-10-16)