Thread: A inexpensive setup for a novice.

Thanks

Default A inexpensive setup for a novice.

Hi guys.
    I have done a little growing before but only small scale back of the wardrobe stuff. I just moved into my new house and a have a large amount of room in the cellar. I was planing to get myself a grow kit but all the equipment look cheap and nasty.
    So If you guys could recommend some good products, tent, fan ect. That is not to expensive. I was planing to spend about 400 on the whole kit. Yes I know that tight.
    But any advice would be greatly appreciated. And if the are some items you just wouldn't go cheap on please let me know.
    Thanks
    Last edited by DarrenUK; 21-10-16 at 09:02 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to DarrenUK For This Useful Post:

Hedonistic Hippy (22-10-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,771 Times

Hi mate, welcome to the forum

You don't say how many plants you will be wanting to grow... no point in buying something too large (or little!) for your needs!
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

DarrenUK (02-11-16), Hedonistic Hippy (22-10-16)

Thanks

Hello DarrenUK and welcome.When i did my first grow,i was mentored by a work colleague.He told me that your biggest investment should be your grow light and extraction system.You could probably get away with skimping on the rest of your kit.Hope thats of some help.Whatever you decide to choose,good luck with your growing mate.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to autobox For This Useful Post:

DarrenUK (02-11-16), Hedonistic Hippy (22-10-16)

Thanks

Thanks for the response. If I'm honest I'm not sure how many I want to grow. I was toying with the idea of 8 to 10 as I don't want to be continually growing. Just on and off as of when I fell like it. That maybe a little ambitious I know, but I would like to alternate the space I'm going to use between growing and brewing. Love a home brewed pint.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to DarrenUK For This Useful Post:

Hedonistic Hippy (02-11-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 48,497 Times

You should manage the set up for 400 mate. I agree with auto, Lights , filter and extraction cannot be skimped on. If I were you I would research a bit and see what you want, then each time before you buy a bit of equipment put a post up on here with as much info as you can and the members here will tell you if it's good or not and if they know any better. Good luck pal

sent from Thames Ironworks

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Ironman For This Useful Post:

Hedonistic Hippy (02-11-16)

Viz Guest

10 Plants is a whole lot of weed to grow dude. If you got the space then I guess it will work. But certainly that amount of plants will push your budget closer to £600 - 1000 mark depending on the route you take.

Just remember the 10 plant rule here mate.