Thread: hole in my 12" filter

Dr-Chronic Guest

Default hole in my 12" filter

Hi guys got a hole In my 12" filter had to take it down due to white wrapping and tried to put back up and the chain some how put a hole In got a question I have a 2500 cfm can or m3/h I HAD a big 12" thing 315x1000 the filters to big and as I'm using a variac fan controller am I able to use the slightly smaller one 315x600 which is rated a 2440 cfm I don't plan on having fans on full tilt but I've noticed that a hydroponic shop sells a 12" 2500 and a tornado box Dan with the same cfm and the 315x600 filter any help greatly appreciated proper pissed I am

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr-Chronic For This Useful Post:

joker_the_smoker (23-10-16)

Dr-Chronic Guest

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	filter hole.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	18.2 KB 
ID:	334360

hole in filter

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 79,865 Times

5. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bud Lightyear For This Useful Post:

Dazmandaz (24-10-16), imnice (23-10-16), Jingo (23-10-16), joker_the_smoker (23-10-16), M_C (23-10-16)

Dr-Chronic Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bud Lightyear View Post
    Thats a minor mate, use a screw to pull the outer mesh back and it will be fine

Regards BL
    even though some carbons fell out mate?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 79,865 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Dr-Chronic View Post
    even though some carbons fell out mate?
    When you have pulled it out, tap the filter base on the floor a few times that will shuffle the carbon around a bit and fill any voids

Regards BL

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bud Lightyear For This Useful Post:

imnice (23-10-16), joker_the_smoker (23-10-16), M_C (23-10-16)

Dr-Chronic Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bud Lightyear View Post
    When you have pulled it out, tap the filter base on the floor a few times that will shuffle the carbon around a bit and fill any voids

Regards BL
    thanks bud ill give that ago day after tomorrow mate, all isnt lost then, phew theres this metal weld stuff ive seen before cant remember what its called but its like a liquid metal ill try and find some of that and seal it back up where the break is, deffinatly be ok still mate as next to my flaps id rather pay 250 notes pmsl

Dr-Chronic Guest

Epoxy resin, this is the shit, absolute top quality shit, im sure im allowed to post this as its nothing at all ganja related?
    Last edited by Blue; 23-10-16 at 09:04 PM. Reason: Link removed*

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,513 Times

Its top stuff that epoxy resin metal stuff ive had some on my central heating pipes nearly a year now after i noticed my living room was flooding from upstairs better than calling in the council who would open my drugs den groom, pmsl.
    Make sure you ruff up the part so it adheres properly with a little bit of emery cloth, but with a carbon filter thats a piece of piss as its all holes anyway i think screwfix sell it.
    Imnice