Thread: Advice on set up

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,197 Times

Default Advice on set up

Hi all
    Sorry it's been a while since I last posted on here but as normal life is quite busy
    Any how , I need a little advice on some kit on how best to get the best out of it
    I have got gifted to me ...... 2x1000w LEDs ....2x600w LEDs 2x400w LEDs ..... 2x tents 120 x 120 and one small tent for cuttings .... All the bits to go in the tents , basically cheep filter and fans and shed loads of nutes most of which I have never used before , plus a flood and drain system that houses far to many plants each one can hold 8 plants and there is two of them , but I won't be using these as I have my auto pot system that I'm happy with
    I have never used LEDs before and wondered if I need to change the way I do things to compensate , I am currently using a 600w hps on 3plants but thinking of popping a 400w led in there to boost it a bit , but for a new tent thinking of using 2x 600w for another 3 plants .......
    So if any one can shed a littl light on what I can do for the best please shout out

Walshy

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to walshy For This Useful Post:

Dutchcourage (23-10-16), joker_the_smoker (23-10-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

oi oi walshy. good see you back about. you going to start dairy up matey? not used leds before so cant comment really. have seen few people use both tho mate.could be worth considering that . good luck with grow bro

4. The Following User Says Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

walshy (23-10-16)

Thanks

Cheers joker yea gonna do my best to do I diary and might need a mentor for the led grow , it's good to be back as I've just been bumbling along with a grow or two and as always just messing about finding my feet , if been like a kid in a sweetly shop when all the kit arrived today .....I wanna get my grow on lol

6. The Following User Says Thank You to walshy For This Useful Post:

Dutchcourage (23-10-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,277 Times

Some serious LED gurus on here Walshy, sure some one will help you dial in, have a great grow -)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Dutchcourage For This Useful Post:

walshy (23-10-16)

Thanks

Well I've just stuck the 400w led in with my 600w hps to give it a boost , dunno if it will help but the plants are going good with out it so can't do to much harm I suppose

10. The Following User Says Thank You to walshy For This Useful Post:

Dutchcourage (23-10-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,277 Times

The only thing i read some where is to be careful of having the HPS near the LED, something to do with the led stris and high heat, dont know if its true Walshy but I thought I would pass it on just in case :-)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Dutchcourage For This Useful Post:

walshy (23-10-16)

Thanks

Cheers Dutchcourage
    Will look into this