Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Attic Growers in the UK

Thanks

I have a fan cooled light rigged up to my filter and I think it draws moisture out while keeping temps down. Have an oil filled radiator on almost the lowest setting and keep temps about 20-27 and humidity about 50-55 steady

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,277 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Bulls View Post
    Hello guys. Hope you're all having chilled sunday afternoon.
    I was just wondering how many of us have grows in the attic? Maybe we can use this thread to share info about what are you temperatures in there and humidity and how you're controlling the environment in there?
    I've been struggling myself last few days. Temperatures are fine running 660w HPS in there with a 6" L1 RVK in there but the humidity has been right bitch for me lately. Even with a 10L dehumidifier running there even when the lights are on RH is around 70% ish. I also have 4'' inline intake fan that pulls air from downstairs where the humidity is around 40-50 and temperature is 24. . Don't know what else I can do to lower my humidity to be honest.. So are you guys having the same problem?
    just been surfing bulls and pinched his from some where else, dont know if it triggers any ideas fella........

have a nice tent in the attic and place it between 2 rooms below the attic floor. Cut a 4 inch hole in each bedroom ceiling and place a vent cover on them to hide the hole. One 4 inch hole is your warm intake from downstairs bedroom 1. Pipe this into the top of the tent as your fresh air intake.
    Then, from the bottom of the tent, pipe from the opposite side of the tent to the second bedroom (exhaust). So you now have fresh air coming from one bedroom and an exhaust into another bedroom. You will need a good extractor and a carbon scrubber.
    In the winter you will need to insulate the outside of the tent and the in-take/out-take pipes. If you use the 600w HID lighting you will be keeping most of the heat as it will be pumped into the bedroom.
    Last edited by Dutchcourage; 30-11-16 at 08:41 PM. Reason: took junk out

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dutchcourage For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 56,239 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Bulls View Post
    Hello guys. Hope you're all having chilled sunday afternoon.
    I was just wondering how many of us have grows in the attic? Maybe we can use this thread to share info about what are you temperatures in there and humidity and how you're controlling the environment in there?
    I've been struggling myself last few days. Temperatures are fine running 660w HPS in there with a 6" L1 RVK in there but the humidity has been right bitch for me lately. Even with a 10L dehumidifier running there even when the lights are on RH is around 70% ish. I also have 4'' inline intake fan that pulls air from downstairs where the humidity is around 40-50 and temperature is 24. . Don't know what else I can do to lower my humidity to be honest.. So are you guys having the same problem?
    POrtable air conditioner Bull , you can get one for about 2-300$ , maybe cheaper .

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

Thanks

It may be condensation thats raising the humidity. The cold air coming in to your subtropical environment will immediately condense. Not so much so that you see it like in a bathroom window, but just a light covering across surfaces. Run your hand acros a metal surface in your space, or again your sheting, you may find it wet or damp to the touch.

In dry spaces the quickest way to add humidity is to have a large damp area with a fan blowing across it to raise the moisture into the air.

To remove humidity you need to balance the air temps... so new air coming in is as near to the existing temp as possible. lower there will be a moisture increase, likewise with too warm, condensation will form either making some form of humidity

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to daddyO For This Useful Post:

carpetburn (02-12-16)

Thanks

I use a8" extraction fan and 4" for in take shoved into the eves of my loft, works treat plus I have a twin variac ( which is bud light year put up on forumn) to both fans must say best bit of kit I've invested in. I use a dehumidifier as well......jobs a good un.
    Hope ya sort your problem out atb Eddie.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Edd77 For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (02-12-16)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3