Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Advice on lighting-hps-led

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,197 Times

Default Advice on lighting-hps-led

Hi all
    I have just swapped out my 600w hps for a 1000w led , I also have in there a 400 w led for 3 plants in a 120x120
    Have I done the right thing as when my 600w hps plus the 400w led was in there it looked like lots of light on all my buds , but now my 1000w and the 400 w is in there it doesn't look so bright but I know led is totally different , I was kinda expecting it to look bright as fook
    Would you put the 600 back in or stay as I am
    I've never used LEDs before just my hps
    My temps are around 24 with led and 28 with hps

Cheers all

Walshy

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to walshy For This Useful Post:

Viz Guest

I guess the thing is to share which LED you have mate. Not all LED are the same I have worked out.

At the end of the day you may find your production is better even if it does not look at bright. And production is what it is all about to be honest.

Personally I would say your 600w was more grunt than the 1000W LED but that is based on older generations of LED lamps that I have seen, not the latest and really impressive COB stuff that sells for 1000's of quid.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Viz For This Useful Post:

walshy (31-10-16)

Thanks

Cheers for your reply viz
    Ig bought my kit second hand ( all the leds )but it doesn't look old and it's in mint condition but it look like one from china
    I also have 2 x 600w LEDs and they look brighter but they have white and blue and red light where as the 1000w only have blue and red hense why they don't look as bright
    Do you think I should put my 600w hps back in

6. The Following User Says Thank You to walshy For This Useful Post:

Viz Guest

Any chance you can post up an image of some product identification. For all we know the LED unit may be the new Phillips LED with COB style...

I honestly do not know until we see what you got mate. The 600W HP is tried and tested, you KNOW what you are going to get from that bad boy. Lots of buds, nice warm groom in winter.

But LED are certainly on the up and a 100 time better than they were a few years ago.

Bottom line is, how are your girls doing. You have more than one grow under your belt so what do your eyes tell you mate?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Viz For This Useful Post:

walshy (01-11-16)

MrChedHead Guest

Hello walshy
    LEDs are very good fr vegging, very tight node spacing and produce sickly, dense, resin coated buds, but, imo will never match the size buds can get under HID lighting, if this grow isnt detrimental then leave the leds in an gain the experience of growing under them an judge for yourself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MrChedHead For This Useful Post:

walshy (01-11-16)

Thanks

ive set up both hps and led in my room. hps only goes on for 5 hours a night the rest of it i use the leds for. once ive got enough put away i will attempt a full led grow.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to menowhere For This Useful Post:

walshy (01-11-16)

Thanks

Cheers all for advice
    Will get a pic or two up of the units
    I have another three plants in another tent , same size but they are under two 600w LEDs , so it will be led all the way for them,
    For the cost of all the kit I couldn't say no but I just need to learn how to get the best out of them .

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by walshy View Post
    Hi all
    I have just swapped out my 600w hps for a 1000w led , I also have in there a 400 w led for 3 plants in a 120x120
    Have I done the right thing as when my 600w hps plus the 400w led was in there it looked like lots of light on all my buds , but now my 1000w and the 400 w is in there it doesn't look so bright but I know led is totally different , I was kinda expecting it to look bright as fook
    Would you put the 600 back in or stay as I am
    I've never used LEDs before just my hps
    My temps are around 24 with led and 28 with hps

Cheers all

Walshy
    You do know that 1000w led will have a true out put of about 400w don't you ? Personally I would of stuck with hps. Unless the led are expensive ones they could be even less. The platinum led are like £1300 a 1600w true out put is like 800w and so on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bulls Guest

To be honest with you, if you can fit in there both HPS and the LED(What make and model is the LED) it will be great. I used to do that and I loved it.. plants loved it too..

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Bulls For This Useful Post:

walshy (01-11-16)

Thanks

pics of the LEDs

1000w
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20161101_162749.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	65.1 KB 
ID:	334886

Name:	20161101_162813.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	19.4 KB 
ID:	334887

Name:	20161101_162833.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	37.5 KB 
ID:	334888

600w

Name:	20161101_163020.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	51.5 KB 
ID:	334889

Name:	20161101_163039.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	45.4 KB 
ID:	334890

im gonna have a mess around in a mo and probably put the 600w HPS back in as i dont feel quite comfy yet with my LEDs but it will have a 400w LED in with them as well

but any info on hows best to use these would be great

cheers all

Walshy

18. The Following User Says Thank You to walshy For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast