Thread: propagating from seeds versus clones

Thanks

Default propagating from seeds versus clones

hey guys new here...been taking a look around and i have noticed that mostly members are starting from seed, especially feminized seed. In your experiences have you guys run into problems with intersexing? also, out of how many seeds have you found a truly exceptional performer.

Clones obviously are harder to come by and the thought of new strains is always exciting, just don't want to get my hopes up too much when dealing with seeds. Clones seem to be the safe bet but it looks like a lot of you are having good success starting from seed.

thanks

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,525 Times

My last two grows have been from seeds,which as you know each seed is different plant/pheno types.Some short bushy,others tall.
    Have growin some cracker plants but dont have room for mother.
    I would prefer clones,you have idea what to expect,easy all round....gonna get myself mother space soon...feckin silly.
    I saw the rain-dirty valley
    You saw Brigadoon

3. The Following User Says Thank You to skippy For This Useful Post:

The budda (01-11-16)

Bulls Guest

if I am after a new strain I always buy feminized seeds.
    Some people use regulars and like to put them on 12/12 from seed to show sex and then flip them back to veg once they are sure it's a a girl.
    Clones are good way to have another run of a strain you like especially if you been lucky with a nice pheno of the strain you were growing..
    It's all down to a personal choice!
    Good luck!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bulls For This Useful Post:

GreenThumb85 (07-11-16), The budda (01-11-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 13,496 Times

I'm cloning from I started out about 10 years ago bro, I have ran maybe 20 strains from seed in that time but I love the simplicity and certainty of cloning specially when doing 10 of the same mother.
    My current run is a seed grow but I got cuttings before I flipped to flower il be able to run a comparison grow next. Though I'm sure the clone run will go better as I've got to know what the mother plant liked from seed

Up the irons

7. The Following User Says Thank You to The budda For This Useful Post:

GreenThumb85 (07-11-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 13,496 Times

Oh welcome to the talk enjoy

9. The Following User Says Thank You to The budda For This Useful Post:

GreenThumb85 (07-11-16)

Thanks

I'm going to do 3 or 4 gorws of the 4 different strains. Once I find the 'best' one, I will probably just clone.

All of my (4) female seeds have actually been female. Different growth rate/nutrient requirement is already a pain in the ass though. I am lazy so go for the average between all four plants. Even if that means overfeeding one, and underfeeding another.