Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bluetooth speakers

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,780 Times

Default Bluetooth speakers

Right then guys, I have a small issue....

I brought a set of 2.1 bluetooth speakers for my PC (As I want the audio output for my PC for other things...) however, I find the bass too heavy & there's no obvious way to adjust things as the audio isn't produced by my sound card (which would easily allow me to adjust things to my taste)

I know the simple answer is to plug the speakers into the PC, but that defeats the object of why I got them

...any suggestions?
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

2. The Following User Says Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Dutchcourage (01-11-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,277 Times

Mate, this is a cut and paste from elsewhere

Start by putting the speaker on the floor in the middle of the room, and you'll hear that it makes more bass than it does sitting on a table. It will also probably sound dull and lacking in detail down there. Next, try putting the speaker in a corner, on the floor, and it will make even more bass. After that, try putting it on a table in the corner, and you'll get back the missing treble, but the speaker will probably sound better a couple of feet away from the corner. Move the speaker to each wall in the room, again at the same 3-foot height, and see if one wall sounds better than the others. Then move it a foot at a time along that wall, and you might see that one or two spots might be better than the others. So you see, everything changes the sound; a little experimentation might yield surprising results.

Back to me, all sound is vibration so any way you can damp it ???

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Dutchcourage For This Useful Post:

M_C (01-11-16)

Viz Guest

I suspect that if we knew what the intended purpose for the Bluetooth speakers where a fix may be possible to be determined. And yes I am sure that playing sound is the purpose.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Viz For This Useful Post:

M_C (01-11-16)

Bulls Guest

Are you not able to adjust the bass and treble using the equaliser of the software that is playing the sound?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Bulls For This Useful Post:

M_C (01-11-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchcourage View Post
    Mate, this is a cut and paste from elsewhere

Start by putting the speaker on the floor in the middle of the room, and you'll hear that it makes more bass than it does sitting on a table. It will also probably sound dull and lacking in detail down there. Next, try putting the speaker in a corner, on the floor, and it will make even more bass. After that, try putting it on a table in the corner, and you'll get back the missing treble, but the speaker will probably sound better a couple of feet away from the corner. Move the speaker to each wall in the room, again at the same 3-foot height, and see if one wall sounds better than the others. Then move it a foot at a time along that wall, and you might see that one or two spots might be better than the others. So you see, everything changes the sound; a little experimentation might yield surprising results.

Back to me, all sound is vibration so any way you can damp it ???
    I'd seen the same article - my speakers are 2.1, that run from the mains, & they are connected together so it's not really practical to do

However, I realise that the bass speaker isn't in an optimal place (I need to cut some holes in the bench to get it where I want it), but I don't believe that will 100% sort things

Quote Originally Posted by Viz View Post
    I suspect that if we knew what the intended purpose for the Bluetooth speakers where a fix may be possible to be determined. And yes I am sure that playing sound is the purpose.
    Mainly music & films, my reggae sounds brilliant through them... but classical music gets bass'ed out

Quote Originally Posted by Bulls View Post
    Are you not able to adjust the bass and treble using the equaliser of the software that is playing the sound?
    To an extent, I could... but I also run the radio (which is often playing here) and any tinkering would reflect on the experience of my occasional listener

Viz Guest

Different media players are able to use specific output sources.

VLC allows you to determine which audio output device you use and is independent. VLC does have an equaliser built in. I would suggest slaving the Bluetooth device to your media player that has similar capability if you do not use VLC.

So in our house we use VLC for movies via HDMI to the TV while I might be listening to music on the headphones using itunes or some other media application.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Viz For This Useful Post:

M_C (01-11-16)

Thanks

That works nicely Viz

Just need to sort out Netflix now LOL

...it was so much easier when they had a bass control on the speakers

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Dazmandaz (02-11-16)

Viz Guest

Netflix via browser or netflix via app?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Viz For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Viz View Post
    Netflix via browser or netflix via app?
    Via browser mate, the speakers are PC speakers

Viz Guest

You can use apps on a PC too.

Ok so the issue with Netflix is that it uses silverlight which is Microsoft.

Play Netflix on Windows Media player. I can send you the instructions how to set up.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Viz For This Useful Post:

M_C (01-11-16)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast