Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Gavita growers questions ?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,977 Times

Default Gavita growers questions ?

OK I'm thinking of buying a 750 gavita and have some questions before I take the plunge to buy.
    1. How much heat does it give off in comparrison to standard 240v 600w hps. I live in a one floor flat atm so heat is the big issue.
    2. Contactor/timer, I'm guessing it's not going to run on a plug and grow safely. I don't want to buy the master controller so any recommendations would be helpful.
    3. yields in comparrison to standard hps. I think iv seen samwise achieve 1.7gpw which is impressive!. This alone finally convinced me to consider buying one.
    4. General overview. Do you think it's worth while and anyones overall opinion would be great.

It's a bit to read I know, any help is much appreciated this is a great community.

Thanks

Mrnice

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BritishBotanics For This Useful Post:

Samwise Gamgee (02-11-16), Valve man (02-11-16)

Bulls Guest

A few people on here achieved good results with the gavita, but a good result is more down to your growing skills to be honest.
    A good thing about the gavita is you can always dim it down to what you find works best for your.. I recon at this weather with good extraction and if you have an intake from outside you can get it working on full power.
    I am sure Sam or someone else that have used the light will be around for an advice laters.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bulls For This Useful Post:

Samwise Gamgee (02-11-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 17,171 Times

Hey MrNice,

I find the Gavita runs hot, but I grow in a 1.2 x 1.2 x 2m tent, which is in a spare bedroom and passively cooled. I couldn't tell you how hot compared to a normal HPS as I previously grew with LED

The grow I achieved 1.7g per watt I ran the lights in the day time, and the dark period at night, and found I couldn't get the lamp above 400w, that and I also was growing Incredible Bulk which are really great yielders. This grow I decided to try running the lights on at night during flowering and I am managing to get upto 550w before temps become an issue. Hopefully in the next few days I will have an intake fan rigged up, and may be able to get the Gavita higher

You can just run them with a normal plug and timer, that's what I used to do before I got the gavita controller

Yield is a funny one as there are a lot of factors, but light does play a big part, the Gavita are very efficient lights so depending on your growing experience you may well see a 10% rise in yield over a normal HPS bulb, but that is just a guess rather than a fact

I love the light to be honest, grows lovely healthy strong plants, but you do need have your environment dialled in, the 750w version is dimmable from 350w to 862w as well, so great to use for the last few weeks of veg at a lower wattage

Hope the above helps a bit, its a lot of money to pay for a lamp, but sometimes you do get what you pay for

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Samwise Gamgee For This Useful Post:

BritishBotanics (02-11-16), Dazmandaz (02-11-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 13,492 Times

Yeh bro a plug and grow or lumitec timer is all you need I'm running the 1 ks and bust well over GPW I wouldn't use anything else now to be honest in comparison to two 600 w has side by side I got at least 30% increase in yield
    They get hot but with extraction failed in easy to manage check out my incredible bulk thread and you can see two going side by side

Up the irons

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to The budda For This Useful Post:

BritishBotanics (02-11-16), ggotch (05-01-17), Samwise Gamgee (02-11-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,977 Times

Nice one fellas you been a big help i think its time to start saving for my christmas present. And budda can you inbox me a link to the diary i cant seem to find it in the search.
    Thanks and happy growing

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 29,329 Times

Only found out yesterday this shit is owned by Monsanto ffs!!!
    Redz
    NO-TILL Gardening with REDZ

REDZ BUILDS LIVING SOIL!!!

Redz & Ironjustice Do super lemon haze in rdwc for GWP

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...n-rdwc-for-GPW(COMPLETE)
    LOOSE LIPS SINK SHIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 13,492 Times

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ghtyear/page13

you wont regret investing in it bro

Thanks

Just had a full refund for a 750 gavita, dam thing kept switching off, tried new contactor's and checked mains voltage... Shop sent back to distributer nutriculture/dgs. They had it a week and sent it back still faulty, They just had it on for a few hours, the fault happens after 6 hours or few days , so rehang and it not work , so back to shop for 2nd time, sent back to nutriculture/dgs again, they have it another week or so , then say oh it a faulty bulb last tues, so it back in shop weds, MAKES me wonder did they check bulb over a few cycles... Well i have the answer NO as it doing same thing.. @ least i got a refund, guy in local shop and i pissed off with how main distributer acted, When Gavita money some customer service from distributer would be nice, They not listen to our diagnoses ...Lucky i had spare lights like 1000w de gavita and 600w 400v hortilux , a the gavita 750 been a month of faults...

Hopper Guest

I would go for the 1000w, doesn't mean you have to ramp it up that much but then the option is there if you can
    Mine make me do sex wee's

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hopper For This Useful Post:

Dazmandaz (03-12-16), ggotch (05-01-17), The budda (06-11-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,700 Times

what are the temps like compared to normal HPS?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast