Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Autos and rockwool slabs

Bulls Guest

With autos can you remove lower growth that you don't want or they will be stunned or hermie?
    I've read through TaNg PeNg's diary today and he is defoliating his plants very heavy.
    Was just thinking if they are all the same or them memphisto seeds are very good.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bulls For This Useful Post:

B.A.BARACUS (03-11-16), ERBURT (06-11-16), M_C (03-11-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,883 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Bulls View Post
    With autos can you remove lower growth that you don't want or they will be stunned or hermie?
    I've read through TaNg PeNg's diary today and he is defoliating his plants very heavy.
    Was just thinking if they are all the same or them memphisto seeds are very good.
    I often remove the lower growth & the branches that cause popcorn. I often also thin out the upper foliage towards the end of flower to improve light penetration
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

ERBURT (06-11-16), joker_the_smoker (03-11-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,551 Times

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    Autos normally show sex between 15 & 28 days from them popping their heads above the ground... once they show sex they will start to stretch almost immediately & most of the stretch will be done in 2 weeks with maybe an extra couple of inch gained in the next 2 weeks
    Around day 20 would be ideal but it's a scary thought!

Quote Originally Posted by redsiel View Post
    Go for it cunning loads o fun with the autos here too, well one lol Goid luck bro
    Redz
    Cheers reds, I'll need some luck. New medium, new nutrients and most of all new plants!

Decided to go for GHE Flora trio for this run and calmag from the off as my background EC is 0. Sweet! I'm popping a Toof Decay on Monday and having a play with the starter cubes and 4" transplant cubes. I'll not bother with the slabs but it's just to check temps etc in the new room and see if I can get something useful before she starts flowering. Unfortunately the girlfriends family are all coming for xmas so the proper grow won't start until Jan but it'll be fun to test and dust off all the lights.

Cheers
    Too weird to live, too rare to die

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cunning For This Useful Post:

ERBURT (06-11-16), M_C (03-11-16)

Thanks

All change again. Dutch Pro lineup it is as I want to include a cleaning agent and I'm afraid to use Drip Clean with the Flora series. I'd like to run H&G nutes but there's too many bottles.

Thanks

And the trial run begins

Soaked rockwool cube in pH 5.5 with an EC of 0.4 (background 0). It's a little hot but that's what this trial is all about. Seed has gone into the cube, into a freezer bag and popped in airing cupboard with a nice warm temp of 26C.

I'll wait for it to pop then hopefully under a 400W MH and into a 4" block shortly.

It's good to be growing again, even whilst I know this seed won't even get close to finishing. It's cool to get a good trial going and not something I've done before.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Cunning For This Useful Post:

ERBURT (06-11-16)

Thanks

Getting rusty. Woke up to find my rockwool cube completely dried out. Oops...

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,352 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Cunning View Post
    Getting rusty. Woke up to find my rockwool cube completely dried out. Oops...
    If you're germinating the seed in the cube. Try this mate:

Soak the cube for 15 seconds in plain water, place the seed in the hole & put the cube(s) in a plastic tub with a lid on. Leave for 48 hours untouched in a warm place.

After 48 hours remove the lid & place the cube under a CFL (or whatever light you have) & cover the hole with a fluffy dry bit of rockwool. At this stage i have to dip the cubes in water 3 times a day to keep them moist. Over the next 3 days your seedling will surface

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Type M For This Useful Post:

Cunning (08-11-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Type M View Post
    If you're germinating the seed in the cube. Try this mate:

Soak the cube for 15 seconds in plain water, place the seed in the hole & put the cube(s) in a plastic tub with a lid on. Leave for 48 hours untouched in a warm place.

After 48 hours remove the lid & place the cube under a CFL (or whatever light you have) & cover the hole with a fluffy dry bit of rockwool. At this stage i have to dip the cubes in water 3 times a day to keep them moist. Over the next 3 days your seedling will surface
    That's where I'm going wrong. I need the plastic tub to keep the humidity higher. It's only 30% in the airing cupboard and quite warm.

As soon as she sprouts (if she sprouts!) she'll go under a 250W MH under a propagator.

There's no tap root that I can see but the seed is nicely swollen so hopefully at this stage it won't matter but I'll keep a closer eye on cube moisture and get her in a sealed box.

Cheers mukka

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Cunning For This Useful Post:

Type M (08-11-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,352 Times

No need for a propagator after the 48 hours mate. The tap root will often be poking out of the bottom of the cubes even before the seedling has surfaced. Just keep the faith lol ✊

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Type M For This Useful Post:

Cunning (08-11-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Type M View Post
    No need for a propagator after the 48 hours mate. The tap root will often be poking out of the bottom of the cubes even before the seedling has surfaced. Just keep the faith lol ✊

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
    Hopefully it hasn't shrivelled up already!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Cunning For This Useful Post:

Type M (08-11-16)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast