Thread: Please help! Slow growth, curling leaves, tried everything

Thanks

Default Please help! Slow growth, curling leaves, tried everything

Hey, guys, can you please help me with my problem?

I'm growing from the seed for the first time, I've always started with clones before. I successfully germinated, put them under CFL for a while, now they're under 600W MH lamp.

Setup
    - 9 Bubba's Gift plants from Humboldt Seeds
    - 110x110x160 growbox
    - 600W MH lamp (Superplant)
    - Coco

Fertilizers
    - I put just a small amount of Jungle in da Box fertilizers + Supervit.
    - pH 5.8

Now the problem:
    Symptomps:
    - Slow growth. I literally didn't see any change for a past weeek.
    - Leaves curling as you can see on my photos
    - Leaves drooping, look at it. Those plants look sad
    - Branches are very close to each other but that may be a problem of the strain

Dates:
    - Seeds germinated on 7.10.
    - I put seedlings under 600W on 16.10.
    ^ this means the plants are almost month old. Are they supposed to be this small?

Probable causes / What I tried
    - At first I thought the plants are freezing. The MH lamp doesn't produce much heat (it's in cooltube) and I use a humidifier that produces cool mist. Cool mist is the first thing I thought is the problem. I stopped using the humidifier for like a day or two, but it didn't help and humidity dropped to 30 % so I turned it back on. The temperature is 20.5 - 24 °C. Humidity around 50 %.
    - Because of the cold problem, I closed a window a lil' bit. Not entirely, there's still a gap. But, I thought that maybe plants are not getting enough air. However, opening window didn't help and I used this technique before with much bigger plants with no problem.
    - After reading some articles, I suspected my plants are suffering with bud rot. However, roots are not brown or slimy and there's no smell.
    - I'm 90 % sure it's not overwattered or underwattered. I water them every day with little bit of water and fertilizers and next day, they're almost completely dry.

Thanks for any suggestions and help!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3599.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	50.0 KB 
ID:	335016   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3600.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	54.7 KB 
ID:	335017   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3601.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	53.3 KB 
ID:	335018   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3602.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	50.9 KB 
ID:	335019   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3603.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	62.9 KB 
ID:	335020  

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 79,866 Times

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Bud Lightyear For This Useful Post:

Bulls Guest

Hey buddy. They look a bit underwatered. As Bud said you need to feed them daily with 20% runoff.
    If you really want to have success you better get yourself an EC pen. I would recommend BlueLab or Essentials.
    Also your tent is kinda small for 9 plants. What size will be your final pots?
    Is that all the nutrients you've got in your hands? Any Rhizo or Canna A&B?

Thanks

Thanks for the tips. I actually don't think I have any runoff so you may be right!
    And I use Jungle in da Box ABC + Hesi Supervit (vitaminsú. I don't use rhizotonic, but I thought it's not neccessary.