Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Does Canna Aqua normaly do this to ph...

Thanks

Default Answered: Does Canna Aqua normaly do this to ph...

First of all I'd like to start by saying hello, don't post much as I like to keep my online activity to a minimum, and also research my answers myself, but not finding any answers to this, not even contacting Canna direct.

My issue is, with Canna Aqua Vega, when I mix up to my required ppm, the ph crashes to 3.2. This is in the bucket before adding to the res so can rule out plant issues. I've never had this issue with aqua flores, or hydro vega/flores, they all sit at 5.8. Thinking a bad bottle but unable to try another right away to rule that out.

The specifics...

Soft tap water, through 2 stage HMA filter (carbon block to remove chloramin and heavy metals etc.
    Starting EC 0.16/80ppm with a ph of 7.3-7.5
    Add 0.9ml/l cal/mag to bring to 200ppm.
    2ml/l part a, mix and wait, add b to make 800ppm total.

It is when I add the part b the ph crashes below 4.0. I am adding liquid silica to ph up but it soon falls back down to around 4.5.

I have to ph often, which can't be good in the long run even though the plants seem happy, and dropping the ppm to keep ph stable it is far too low for my plants needs (mainlined tree vegged for 3 months)

Any ideas? Can't help but think it's a bad bottle as I've never seen it, any advice very much appreciated.

2. "Have you checked the expire date on the bottle? Could be that. I would order from a different seller in case it's a bad batch ."

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,522 Times
    Provided Answers: 5

i know you have probably done this but you do not mention it in this post but is your ph pen working ok ? is it calibrated? does it need cleaned? can you check another pen ?

its obviously 1 of the 2 things bad pen or bad bottle , hope you resolve it

Thanks

Sorry forgot to mention that, I use a Hanna Microprocessor bench top ph meter with brand new probe that regularly calibrated to 2 points. I did think this and instantly checked and is accurate to 0.01 at both points tested. Think I have to bite the bullet and get a new bottle, but wanted a second opinion before I do as I don't have easy access and have to wait on postage.

Bulls Guest

Have you checked the expire date on the bottle? Could be that. I would order from a different seller in case it's a bad batch .

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Bulls For This Useful Post:

Cunning (05-11-16)

Thanks

Bingo there's my problem, even though I just recently bought the bottle from a hydro shop, the expiry date was feb last year! And it the only shop near me so will have to order and hate ordering online

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tombombvw For This Useful Post:

Cunning (05-11-16), Dazmandaz (04-11-16), redisiel (04-11-16)

Bulls Guest

Glad to help. Sometimes problems are very simple yet will looking much deeper than we should be

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bulls For This Useful Post:

redisiel (04-11-16), tombombvw (04-11-16)

Thanks

Yup, and another bonus, after ringing the hydro shop near me I bought it from and they were adamant that being a big brand it couldn't possibly be something wrong with the bottle, rang again and told them about the expiry and they have offered to swap it thankfully.

Funny thing is I never though to check expiry when bought from a shop. Checked my previous bottle as had similar issues but not as bad..was a couple of months out also! Still managed 8oz dry with only 4 tops from one 2' tall plant though

Will be checking expiry from now on with everything!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tombombvw For This Useful Post:

redisiel (04-11-16)

Bulls Guest

Quote Originally Posted by tombombvw View Post
    Yup, and another bonus, after ringing the hydro shop near me I bought it from and they were adamant that being a big brand it couldn't possibly be something wrong with the bottle, rang again and told them about the expiry and they have offered to swap it thankfully.

Funny thing is I never though to check expiry when bought from a shop. Checked my previous bottle as had similar issues but not as bad..was a couple of months out also! Still managed 8oz dry with only 4 tops from one 2' tall plant though

Will be checking expiry from now on with everything!
    Always check the expire dates mate.. I do it no matter what I buy

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Bulls For This Useful Post:

redisiel (04-11-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 29,329 Times
    Provided Answers: 71

Great info, It really never entered my head to check dates Ffs,
    Good shout lads
    Redz
    NO-TILL Gardening with REDZ

REDZ BUILDS LIVING SOIL!!!

Redz & Ironjustice Do super lemon haze in rdwc for GWP

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...n-rdwc-for-GPW(COMPLETE)
    LOOSE LIPS SINK SHIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to redisiel For This Useful Post:

Thanks

ffs just got back from the hydro shop with a fresh batch which IS in date, mixed up a bucket and the ph is sitting at 3.88

Am at a total loss now, am I seriously going to have to keep adjusting the ph 10x a day?

18. The Following User Says Thank You to tombombvw For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast