Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Does Canna Aqua normaly do this to ph...

Bulls Guest

Can you try and switch your airpump off mate and see what happens?
    Last edited by Bulls; 04-11-16 at 03:24 PM.

Thanks

Tried unfiltered water, no change. Going to try bought water to see what happens.

It is when I mix in the bucket, before adding to my res so no air stone, no plants yet. I mix in a brewers bucket with measurments on the side. But even when i make a test batch in a 5l bottle it has the same outcome, so there is either something, or lacking, in my water buffering it wrong.

0.5ml/l of silica brings it back to 6.0, but once added to the plants and they use the silica it goes back to the low ph and need 1ml adding to the res in the morning and eve to keep it up, but by morning its back down low.

The plants aren't causing the drop, as they are eating well, different strains, different ages, different feeding requirements, perfect roots, all heathy and vigourous apart form slight signs of stress from all going to the same damn ph and at the same rate.

Really is a head scratcher, may have to try a different brand at this rate.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tombombvw For This Useful Post:

Dazmandaz (04-11-16), Hedonistic Hippy (04-11-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,371 Times
    Provided Answers: 5

Had the same sort of issue but it was the ph meter..needed battery change..
    Only way to know for sure is try and ph after each stage..

Fill bucket with water ph reading will be base level with out anything in it just plain water..ph
    Add canna mix well and check ph..
    PH down/acid should be used to bring down ph level to 5.5-5.8 and it should drift up slightly over the next 24 hours..

Can't realy think why else this would happen have you got another ph meter to double check..

Also a maybe new bottle of acid/ph down as when i get to the end of mine it is weaker as sometimes i put lid in water when mixing it up..
    Last edited by Happy roken; 05-11-16 at 03:09 AM.
    The above is just opinion..My opinion is law in my world..

Thanks

My ph meter has no battery, it is a mains powered hanna benchtop with brand new probe, not £2 ebay one. When I stick it in buffer 4.01 its spot on, stick it in 7.01 also spot on and calibrates to 2 points no problem.

Starting water, ph 7.3
    Add canna aqua vega part a and mix, ph stays the same.
    Add part b and it drops to 3.8.

No ph down being used to get it that low, so defo not that at fault, am having to ph back up massivly.

I understand what it should do, and the process.

I ph up with liquid silica, which is fine, 0.5ml/l takes it to 6.0. But as the plants use that silica I have to add more to keep it in range, which is also fine but I have no idea if so much silica can cause issues over time.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 9,472 Times
    Provided Answers: 20

Very strange as canna aqua as ph stabilizers, should only need to ph for first use then after that you do not adjust ph according to canna. Have you tried just mixing a litre of A & B without any other Additives? Oh and let it rest for a couple of hours.

Thanks

Mixed up 5l in a bottle last night, added just 10ml of a+b, after leaving over night it is 4.3.

Had a tiny bit of canna hydro (soft water) and mixed up 5l and the ph...6.3! Something in my water does not like the aqua buffers I think. I was previously using hydro in my dwc as recomended at the shop (and was cheaper) but seemed to lack something when using in dwc, so tried aqua as that's what it's designed for. Aqua Flores was perfect and just finished one, aqua vega is the only time I have the problem.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,352 Times
    Provided Answers: 53

Thanks

Well the hydro has held ph, ph and ppms doing as should, so have come to the conclusion aqua a no go with my water.
    I had just enough to change out both reserviors, and as I don't like hydro with my setup time to try something new!

So brings the question of recomendations. I did think of Ionic, what is it like for salt? Reason was going for aqua was less salt buildup than hydro, which throws out balances unless you flush regularly, which I don't as I maintain a biosphere with homemade addatives (very affective) which also don't like high salt.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,522 Times
    Provided Answers: 5

hi tombomb ive just nearly finished my first grow in dwc with ionics and have zero problems with it and a few guys on here use it as well with no problems , give it a go im sure it will be less stressfull than this lol

Thanks

Haha for sure! Ionic it is! Just got to wait for monday to come around!

Heres what I just chopped even with the problems...

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tombombvw For This Useful Post:

Cunning (06-11-16), Dazmandaz (07-11-16), Hedonistic Hippy (06-11-16), PK (11-12-16), Type M (06-11-16)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast