Thread: Cannabis (Legalisation and Regulation) Bill 2015-16

Thanks

Question Cannabis (Legalisation and Regulation) Bill 2015-16

The language used makes it all so ambiguous. What is the status of the bill; is it shut down? is it just waiting for the next parliament session?
    It says "The 2015-16 session of parliament has ended..." what does that mean? no more parliament until 2017? its so confusing for anybody who doesn't study politics. The government website says that "This Bill is being prepared for publication." under the 'Bill Latest' heading ( http://services.parliament.uk/bills/...egulation.html ). Is the website just outdated or is there still traction with this bill?
    Everything Norman Lamb states is too true about ordinary people being criminalised for self medicating or casual use of marijuana. Prohibition has never worked historically, its always caused criminal business to boom. I'm surprised that MP's believe the current system of prohibition is working in the UK, Its just Naive. It does so much damage to peoples health not knowing what they are buying and what effects it will have. Why are UK citizens forced to drink alcohol if you want to get legally intoxicated. Whats so special about alcohol over any other drug? Alcohol is just as bad or even more terrible for the body and psyche. This bill really needs to get moving forward or be re-started, which ever needs to happen.

If anyone has any information on this Bill's progress or can explain whats happening with it i would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Autopot

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to autopot For This Useful Post:

Happy roken (08-11-16), MR B-loom (06-11-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,371 Times

We had a thread on here about it and then they broke up for half term so to speak and like you said above we are just waiting for the parliament session to get back after their break..
    The above is just opinion..My opinion is law in my world..

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,977 Times

They wont legalise it just yet because of the brexit situation. They will most likely legalise it after we leave the eu to prop the ecconomy aftershock. it will generate millions if not more in consumer spending. But i cant see them making it legal for anyone to grow. They will most likely let big buissnes grow it like they are already doing. And youll have to come from good stature and all that to be able to do it. Otherwise they will make you buy it from a shop. I cant see it being treated any different than spirit alcohol.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

5. The Following User Says Thank You to BritishBotanics For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,371 Times

Like you say mrnice22 It's all about the money once the money train mind set comes to goverment shit will happen fast i think..

I think we will start with a dutch style set up but go all american with it as the money will talk and they will obey..

Thanks

Trump will do what it takes to make money. They already have several templates to run with from Colorado and the other legal states. I'm hoping it will happen pretty fast!