Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Considering starting a little grow.

Thanks

Default Considering starting a little grow.

Haven't been on the site for years. I initially bought some seeds about seven years ago and was going to dona gurilla grow outdoors, but never got round to it.

I have my own place now and I am considering setting up a little 2 plant grow. However I have plenty in concerns before I make the plunge.

Safety and security are paramount. Firstly I can't use the loft as it isn't insulated and I don't want to give away a heat signature, and secondly I don't want it to smell. I have kids so it needs to be low profile if that is possible as I don't want a curious little one wondering what things are. Thirdly I would want an economical setup, I don't want my electricity bill going up £15/20 a month and raising suspicion. I think it is safe to say I'm a little paranoid when it comes to safety but that is not neccisarily a bad thing. It would be basically line and the missus' little secret.

I would spend around 400 quid getting set up, but there are so many different opinions I really don't know where to begin or if I should just be better not risking it. Anyone got any good ideas for where to start and what options I should consider.

Any help, pointers and advice are appreciated.

Cheers

2. The Following User Says Thank You to junglist_jim For This Useful Post:

ganja.lad (09-11-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,243 Times

U be best going down the cfl or led option mate as low heat and nrg bills is the some wer u could put a small bud box out of site ther great lil things

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    AM BACK BOYS WONT BE GROWING TILL SUMMER BUT WATCH THIS SPACE

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ganja.lad For This Useful Post:

junglist_jim (09-11-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

what size space you got to work with?
    rhino pro carbon filter is a must. as for the attic theres plenty peeps on here who are/have done the attic build so would say that could still be on the card for you matey.
    as said above led cfl for cheaper option but then you have the cool temps to battle if you in UK and in winter.

2 plants under a 400w in a 90x90 tent be great , 5inch RVK L1 for extraction, 4inch intake,Rhino CF,

6. The Following User Says Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

junglist_jim (09-11-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,888 Times

I'd echo joker. But I'd get a digital ballast that goes from 250-400w and run on 250w In a small tent.

check out my diary

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d.php?t=150124

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Valve man For This Useful Post:

joker_the_smoker (09-11-16), junglist_jim (09-11-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Valve man View Post
    I'd echo joker. But I'd get a digital ballast that goes from 250-400w and run on 250w In a small tent.

check out my diary

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d.php?t=150124
    lol forgot ballast yea 400w digi dimable as valve said or future proof and get 600w version

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

junglist_jim (09-11-16), Valve man (09-11-16)

Thanks

Space shouldn't be too much of an issue. I have two lofts and I have a couple of alcoves and built in cupboards in my bedroom that are about 1.5mx 1.5m. One has a door in front of it and is currently filled with books and towels. The other has clothing rails in it and a small cupboard. I basically am after something invisible to the untrained eye and as i often have friends and family over it can't smell.

What sort of start up costs are we looking at there joker? If I do it I want it to be a decent set up. I am not a Heavy smoker these days so an oz a month would do me right. So it doesn't need to be anything huge. If the worst happened and I got a knock I wouldn't want it to look anything other than a personal grow.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to junglist_jim For This Useful Post:

joker_the_smoker (09-11-16), Valve man (09-11-16)

Thanks

RVK 5inch L1 £60
    rvk 4inch A1 £50
    rhino pro filter 5inch £65
    Also Bulb - £20 (depends if you want dual spec or seperate MH / HPS)
    ballast 600W digi dimable (250w, 400w, 600w) - from about £60-£80 brand depends. would recommend Lumii, Lumatek, Omega.
    Tent- up to about £80 again brand will depend. budbox, green cube, would go with Hydrolab there tents are sweet.

also what will you be growing in soil or coco? if coco then you need buy ph pens, EC meter etc etc

as for the knock, as long as you are below 10plants dont worry to much

Prices are rough figure, and there always little extras as you probs know that you need buy
    Last edited by joker_the_smoker; 09-11-16 at 02:16 PM.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

ganja.lad (09-11-16), junglist_jim (09-11-16), Valve man (09-11-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,778 Times

Quote Originally Posted by junglist_jim View Post
    I am not a Heavy smoker these days so an oz a month would do me right. So it doesn't need to be anything huge.
    Correct mate, it doesn't have to be huge!

So, you want to grow about 12 oz a year? A 60x60 & 250w HPS will do you - get a 150/175/250/SL ballast rather than a 600w one that will dim to 250
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joker_the_smoker View Post
    RVK 5inch L1 £60
    rvk 4inch A1 £50
    rhino pro filter 5inch £65
    Also Bulb - £20 (depends if you want dual spec or seperate MH / HPS)
    ballast 600W digi dimable (250w, 400w, 600w) - from about £60-£80 brand depends. would recommend Lumii, Lumatek, Omega.
    Tent- up to about £80 again brand will depend. budbox, green cube, would go with Hydrolab there tents are sweet.

also what will you be growing in soil or coco? if coco then you need buy ph pens, EC meter etc etc

as for the knock, as long as you are below 10plants dont worry to much

Prices are rough figure, and there always little extras as you probs know that you need buy

Yeah but no point sat with loads kicking about the house is there? Like I saybif worst was to happen I think I would have a fairly good chance of convincing them it was a hobby job for own use. Thanks a million for the prices joker. There are things on here I didn't even know about so I will have to do some homework tomorrow. I am unsure regarding growing medium. I don't know pros and cons of ether so will have to research.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    Correct mate, it doesn't have to be huge!

So, you want to grow about 12 oz a year? A 60x60 & 250w HPS will do you - get a 150/175/250/SL ballast rather than a 600w one that will dim to 250

Yes mate exactly. Just a real small job. For me and the missus to enjoy. I'm not interested in lining my own or anyone else's pockets with it. Any sotes to reccomend where to get lamps and tents etc?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast