Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: my speed controller is now redundant

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,849 Times

Default my speed controller is now redundant

eBay item number:

bought this/received yesterday and wired it all up today,then spent 20mins checking id wired it to the fast speed,theres hi/lo posts,then checking plug fuses before i came to conclusion it was actually running fine by disconnecting the ducting n filter.

has to be the quietest thing on the planet,stood right next to it and have to strain my ears to hear it.

with rhino filter on it pulls the tent in nicely with no input fan needed.

way way way quieter than my a1 fan and i simply have no need of the seperate fan speed controller i bought last year,i can just leave it running full tilt.

how long it lasts is another thing but its got long warranty so they must be confident in it.

so for now deffo recommend this fan,total thumbs up as a match for the 300mm 600m3 rhino pro filter

chuffed to bits,ive actually bought something that actually works as it claims to do

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ggotch For This Useful Post:

Ginger-bud (05-09-17), M_C (11-11-16), The budda (10-11-16), tlh2496 (07-09-17), _teapot_ (10-11-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,573 Times

I'd be keen to hear it running if you'd be up for posting a video 😁

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. The Following User Says Thank You to _teapot_ For This Useful Post:

ggotch (11-11-16)

Thanks

itd just be a silent movie

i was sat right in front of it talking on my mobile and it simply didnt register as being there/on n mate on tother end couldnt hear it.

i dont have anything else i can use as a comparison that makes so little noise,my pc is like a perishing hoover ,halogen cooker fan is also louder.
    i have a silent fridge which hums quietly and spose thats about the nearest thing noise wise really.

unsure if itll get louder,perhaps they bed in and later produce more noise?..

its says 26Db on it and even though i havent a sound meter i certainly believe it.

really is a game changer for me,ive got other so called silent inlines and none of them are,at all, they are all very noticable even in next room.

im still suspicious its not running at full tilt tbh

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ggotch For This Useful Post:

Easy-T (05-09-17), Ginger-bud (05-09-17), _teapot_ (11-11-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,573 Times

Default my speed controller is now redundant

Quote Originally Posted by ggotch View Post
    itd just be a silent movie

i was sat right in front of it talking on my mobile and it simply didnt register as being there/on n mate on tother end couldnt hear it.

i dont have anything else i can use as a comparison that makes so little noise,my pc is like a perishing hoover ,halogen cooker fan is also louder.
    i have a silent fridge which hums quietly and spose thats about the nearest thing noise wise really.

unsure if itll get louder,perhaps they bed in and later produce more noise?..

its says 26Db on it and even though i havent a sound meter i certainly believe it.

really is a game changer for me,ive got other so called silent inlines and none of them are,at all, they are all very noticable even in next room.

im still suspicious its not running at full tilt tbh
    Fair play, cheers dude- tbh I've a 5" td silent but the speed controller makes the most noise humming. Bought a 4" rhino and cheap plug in controller that's not so loud. The internal fan and led unit makes most noise so I'm just trying to cut down as much as I can. Might eBay the td and invest in one of these in a 4"👍
    Last edited by _teapot_; 11-11-16 at 08:30 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to _teapot_ For This Useful Post:

ggotch (11-11-16)

Thanks

just be sure its slightly less power than your filter and youll be good to go i reckon.

have posted this one up in an unrelated forum im on and had a couple say they also have them and theyre the dogs and also that box fans in general are the future.

ive bought lots of fans,couple controllers and last year an expensive controller but even with all that the noise was still too much,walls are like paper here so noise security is paramount to me,at last i can breath easy on the noise front.

just got to figure out how to use my 30-300mg ozone generator now,something that has also proven itself to work very well but that was last year n ive lost the instructions n cant remember what timings i used or anyfink about it

getting ooold is shit,dont do it

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ggotch For This Useful Post:

_teapot_ (11-11-16)

Thanks

bit late with this,only just found out i can do this with an app on my fone .

box fan has been going non-stop for ten months now,at varying speeds via controller, with no problem,and is now part of the furniture,ill never go back to noisy inline fans ever again,box fans ftw.

this is the reading at its highest speed,taken few days ago with lights etc on,pretty damm quiet eh.:

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ggotch For This Useful Post:

joker_the_smoker (05-09-17), tlh2496 (07-09-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

14. The Following User Says Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

ggotch (05-09-17)

Thanks

thats a 6" one,was going to get 8" but it was too powerful for my rhino .

noise out the end of the duct is lot more noticable mind,but thats hidden away "downstairs" so wont be sussed

16. The Following User Says Thank You to ggotch For This Useful Post:

joker_the_smoker (05-09-17)

MrChedHead Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ggotch View Post
    bit late with this,only just found out i can do this with an app on my fone .

box fan has been going non-stop for ten months now,at varying speeds via controller, with no problem,and is now part of the furniture,ill never go back to noisy inline fans ever again,box fans ftw.

this is the reading at its highest speed,taken few days ago with lights etc on,pretty damm quiet eh.:

Ffs!!! Why post this!!!!! I need one now!!! 26db!!! Thats fucking awesome!!!! My 5"L1 rvk is boxed in 20mm mdf an still reads 50db... duuude i wana go blow 180 on this now haha

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MrChedHead For This Useful Post:

BB (05-09-17), ggotch (05-09-17), joker_the_smoker (05-09-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

Quote Originally Posted by forever_TT_green View Post
    Ffs!!! Why post this!!!!! I need one now!!! 26db!!! Thats fucking awesome!!!! My 5"L1 rvk is boxed in 20mm mdf an still reads 50db... duuude i wana go blow 180 on this now haha
    PMSL! you got your giant pub johhny machine controller though haha

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

ggotch (05-09-17)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast