Thread: Molasses, when to start feeding?

Thanks

Default Molasses, when to start feeding?

Hi guys, I'm getting close to the finish line and expect my girls will be ready for the chop in about 3 or 4 weeks time, my question is when do I start feeding molasses and do I carry on feeding regular nutes alongside molasses? I'm growing in soil if helps? Cheers peeps x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to matts.fish For This Useful Post:

ERBURT (11-11-16), Oxy (10-11-16), ToughCall (11-02-22)

Viz Guest

Hello Matt I gave my girls molasses a few times during my grow and not only as a flush at the end. Like you I grew in soil too.

Thanks

Cheers Viz, is there a particular time that is best to start feeding the molasses? I was led to believe that you can cut out all nutes 2 weeks before harvest and just feed molasses for the last 2 weeks, just wanted to make sure I'm doing right before I cock it up, cheers.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to matts.fish For This Useful Post:

ToughCall (11-02-22)

The Aspie Toker Guest

If you're growing organically in soil, then there's no need to flush.

Thanks

I'm using jungle juice nutes so not growing organically.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to matts.fish For This Useful Post:

ToughCall (11-02-22)

Viz Guest

You can feed your girls Molasses pretty much every time if you wanted.

Incorporating Molasses Into Your Watering/Feeding Schedule:

A typical dosage is to dissolve between one and two tablespoons of molasses per gallon of lukewarm water - cold water is not recommended, as lower temperatures make it more difficult to thoroughly dissolve the viscous syrup. If you are not certain how much to use, begin with only one or two teaspoons per gallon, increasing your dosage as the plant progresses. This prevents plant stress and the occurrence of nutrient burn-like symptoms in the early weeks of the veg phase. As plants generally require more potassium during the flowering phase, it makes sense to gradually increase the dosage once the plant has settled into its final stage of life.

This solution is most commonly fed to Cannabis plants in the final stages of flowering, although many gardeners employ a blackstrap solution from early in the vegetation stage, all the way through to harvesting. Before the plants enter the ground, watering the helpful carbs and micro-nutrients into your chosen plot is a good way to condition the soil and prepare it for nurturing your babies. When growing outdoors, note that molasses is an old hunter's stand-by that is used to attract - not repel - deer. Rodents, bear, moose or wild hogs may also be enticed, depending upon the wild animal population in your area.

Many growers are convinced that the syrup boosts trichome production. However, because the main benefits of molasses result from its soil-conditioning properties, a low-yet-regular dose is often adopted in organics gardens, from veg through flower. Up to one tablespoon (about fifteen mL) per gallon of water is acceptable for regular usage; some experts suggest that sporadic applications can be dosed as high as two tablespoons per gallon, especially during the flowering period. Be forewarned, though, that applying too much molasses to marijuana can cause iron toxicity, calcium lockout and other issues. Overdosing may also cause the taste of molasses to overtake the intrinsic flavor of certain strains, or result in a rotting and terrible-smelling grow room.

Some growers use molasses on their just-water days, or only during flushing periods, as combining new additives to scheduled, measured commercial nutes may cause unexpected pH fluctuations or other problems. Many veteran Cannabis growers insist that flushing should be done with water only - even if your flushing products are 'organic' - to preserve the inherent flavor of each strain and ensure that it dries, cures and smokes properly. However, molasses is a safe additive for the flushing phase and may actually assist the soil in this capacity.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Viz For This Useful Post:

Hedonistic Hippy (10-11-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,685 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Viz View Post
    You can feed your girls Molasses pretty much every time if you wanted.
    So viz ...After reading that ..Do you know if there is any benefit adding molasses to Coco? As it seems it's benificial in soil by conditioning the soil. ..
    Last edited by Hedonistic Hippy; 10-11-16 at 10:55 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Hedonistic Hippy For This Useful Post:

Viz Guest

That is certainly what got me into using it MrD, the molasses does provide heaps of good things to the soil micro culture but it does also proved benefit to coco. The molasses main benefit to coco is it’s ability to work as a chelating agent. This makes it easier for certain nutrients to be made available and absorbed by the plants root system. Salts that build up and could cause nutrient problems would be removed during a good feed too, or at least give a good clean out. I would only hand water/feed molasses in coco, never in a dripper or some similar system. That would most likely only clog stuff up, and molasses is after all very tempting to little critters too not just the big ones that hunters bait...

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Viz For This Useful Post:

Dutchcourage (11-11-16), ERBURT (11-11-16), Hedonistic Hippy (11-11-16), Trex (02-12-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 39,741 Times

You can use it straight from the off in flower every other water.
    So it's up to you when you use it.
    Never use in a dripper system or leave it a while before using
    As it will go gloopy an it stinks!.
    It's full of sugars an carbs so good for the bud production aswell
    Has benificials for the medium.

Autos
    Redemption Grow Take 2

Photo's
    Green lizard lick growing
    Exodus cheese exo-bition

THERE IS A STRICT 10 PLANT MAXIMUM RULE ON THIS SITE!.YOU WILL BE BANNED FOR BREACHING THIS!

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ERBURT For This Useful Post:

Dutchcourage (11-11-16), Hedonistic Hippy (11-11-16), Trex (02-12-16)