Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Help on my first grow please

Thanks

Default Help on my first grow please

Hello guys, there's a few of you that have helped me out a lot on the chat board and I have sorted out most my problems, I really do appreciate the help. I do plan on doing a grow diary I've just been really busy with work and getting my car fixed.

I'm using 5 15l auto pots with 70 percent coco and 30 percent perlite. I've read wonders about air rings so today I bought an air pump, 1 airstone for my 100l res and 5 air rings to put in my trays under my pots and my problems started my ph in the trays is rising from 5.8 to like 6.2-6.4, could this be due to my air pump been in my grow room pumping used air into the water and would I be better putting the pump outside the tent?
    Last edited by Danuk; 13-11-16 at 12:37 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Danuk For This Useful Post:

redisiel (13-11-16)

Viz Guest

Yes that is correct. You will notice the same thing if you take a bottle of water and measure the Ph, then shake it up or put it in the blender and aerate it. Ph changes upwards. Anything that increases the surface area of the air-water interface will increase the rate of carbon dioxide leaving the water, Aeration, as with air bubbles in water, is one way.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Viz For This Useful Post:

redisiel (13-11-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 29,329 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Viz View Post
    Yes that is correct. You will notice the same thing if you take a bottle of water and measure the Ph, then shake it up or put it in the blender and aerate it. Ph changes upwards. Anything that increases the surface area of the air-water interface will increase the rate of carbon dioxide leaving the water, Aeration, as with air bubbles in water, is one way.
    Viz, thus has confused me bro, sorry excuse my stupidity but could youbexplain if more.
    Say when I take my water from the Tap I know it's 7.2 shaking it don't change it. I'll add my shit and it goes to 10+ ph down to 7.0 add the rest and it still stays at 7.0 till I adjust it with up or down?
    Sorry matey I think I might be over-reading here
    Blessings
    Redz
    NO-TILL Gardening with REDZ

REDZ BUILDS LIVING SOIL!!!

Redz & Ironjustice Do super lemon haze in rdwc for GWP

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...n-rdwc-for-GPW(COMPLETE)
    LOOSE LIPS SINK SHIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to redisiel For This Useful Post:

Thanks

So viz do I need to lower my ph to account of for this?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Danuk For This Useful Post:

redisiel (13-11-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

i notice this also when i have made up say 100litre feed in drum with a airstone in, its ph will rise òver day or 2.i would just add ph down and give slight adjust. no biggie really takes 2min. will be the airstone anyway causing it

10. The Following User Says Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

redisiel (13-11-16)

MrChedHead Guest

Iv found if you set and adjust your ec/ph in dechlorinated water then ye ph doesnt rise

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrChedHead For This Useful Post:

joker_the_smoker (13-11-16), redisiel (13-11-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

Quote Originally Posted by forever_TT_green View Post
    Iv found if you set and adjust your ec/ph in dechlorinated water then ye ph doesnt rise
    that could also play factor thinking about it as i never used to leave it 24 hour when was fillin barrel up would just fill from hose pipe

14. The Following User Says Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

redisiel (13-11-16)

Thanks

I never dechlorinate mine I like it sterile now and can't be arsed lol
    I only find my ph swinging when they feed generally up in veg and it seems to swing down in flower
    Start at 5.6 in veg normally change it after about a week to ten days back down from 6.2 and vice versa
    Redz

Thanks

As plants feed they are taking negative or positive ions being the nutrients this will adjust the ph
    Please correct me if I'm wrong but I don't know where my brain went here people
    Redz

Thanks

My ph in my feed res goes up for the first 20 hours or so. I would say this is the cl2 evaporating out of the solution but I don't know for sure. Cl2 dramatically changed the ph of water which is why in swimming pools when chlorine (cl2) is added, acid is added to bring the ph back in line.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Toke monkey For This Useful Post:

redisiel (13-11-16)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast