Thread: Previous grower starting again.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,728 Times

Default Previous grower starting again.

Hi everyone.... so after approx. 8 years of not being able to grow, I have now gone and bought myself a tent kit (1mx1mx2m), 4" vents fan with rhino hobby carbon filter, 600W HPS dual spectrum light with euro reflector and some bio-bizz light mix with grow, bloom, topmax, rootjuice, bio-heaven nutes and a few sundries (hygrometer, 10L pots, clip on fan, etc)
    I have done 4 grows before but was a while ago and seeing as things progress sooooo quickly in the grow industry, I'm sure I am a bit behind.
    I just started my kit up to see how it works and I have got 1 issue about heat so today I'm going to make a hole so I can vent into the loft space, which should help. If not I suppose I will have to upgrade ventilation before I even start which is a bit of a pain. Unfortunately I don't have the option of venting from the tent to directly outside or pull air in from outside into tent so any ideas would be great but have to be cheap as I'm running on a shoestring here.
    My last grows were 1 grow using only regular seeds (not a great grow) and then 3 grows using feminized seeds (had loads of success for a noob with these) but have never done autos before and thought they now look great since they got more stabilised.....auto's were really new when I was growing previously
    I just soaked 3 Girl Scout Cookies auto's and 2 Fast and Vast auto's overnight and have put them inbetween paper towels in the airing cupboard, so hopefully those beans pop really soon.
    I think I will do a grow diary and will try to keep it up to date so watch this space.
    So if anybody has any advice or constructive criticism about what I've done so far, please let me know.
    Thanks and go grow ppl.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Glynne For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (13-11-16)

Viz Guest

Good luck mate, do start a diary they are so helpful not just to the grower but to those who read them and learn with the grower.

Welcome to the forum.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Viz For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (13-11-16), Glynne (18-05-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 39,741 Times

You are exactly how I started out mate
    You really need to bring in air from a window
    Or at least have ducting to a closed window which
    Will still feed cold air to the tent otherwise your
    Gona be too hot all the time.second up you need to
    Drop to 400w or 250 probly better in your sitch
    With 5inch extract fan.thats the only way you will
    Work it.also it'll help you a lot to use a cool tube or
    Hood.

Autos
    Redemption Grow Take 2

Photo's
    Green lizard lick growing
    Exodus cheese exo-bition

THERE IS A STRICT 10 PLANT MAXIMUM RULE ON THIS SITE!.YOU WILL BE BANNED FOR BREACHING THIS!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ERBURT For This Useful Post:

Glynne (18-05-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,728 Times

Hey Erburt.... I thought so......buy cheap, buy twice is rearing its ugly head again LOL. I should have learnt last time but it was 8 odd years ago and my memory is not so great.....
    Anyway I have put some ducting in as a passive intake with a screen on (wife's tights) and taken off the filter in the tent so a bit less resistance for the fan, I know this is not perfect but temp running around 27.5C - 29C... so usable for now. I'm just testing before the girls enter the tent but will probably get a dimmable ballast and a bigger fan/cool tube but like I said I have to bodge it and run really as spent everything on getting the basics.
    Any cheap hacks for these would be great if anyone knows any.