Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: First time germing seeds ever

Thanks

Default First time germing seeds ever

So this is my first ever time dealing with seeds I've only had cuttings given to me and I was kind of clueless with them anyway.... I have brought these cali dream seeds from b-s-b and I've tried the paper towel method I put 6 in last night in a food bag in my cupboard with my Xbox on for heat round 7 last night so fingers crossed they pop.. only thing is I don't know the best method to go from there. In the end I wanna b in 15l pots full of coco in a flood n drain iws system should I put the seeds into rock wool or shall I pot them up into small plastic cups/ small pots of coco? Any help would be amazing I messed up my last crop entirely as soon as I get out the seedling stage if all goes well I really wanna make a banging diary!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maddogg91 For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (15-11-16), ERBURT (13-11-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 39,741 Times

Half or litre pots of coco I'd say mate

Autos
    Redemption Grow Take 2

Photo's
    Green lizard lick growing
    Exodus cheese exo-bition

THERE IS A STRICT 10 PLANT MAXIMUM RULE ON THIS SITE!.YOU WILL BE BANNED FOR BREACHING THIS!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ERBURT For This Useful Post:

B.A.BARACUS (16-11-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ERBURT View Post
    Half or litre pots of coco I'd say mate
    Thank you mate uno as soon as the sprout and it's in the pot is it worth wacking the cfl on I did go out and buy some peat pellets today aswwll

Thanks

I have always used rock wool cube things, and then put that into whatever medium I'm growing in. Might not work into coco though as it may hold to much water. Not sure

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by UncleTBag View Post
    I have always used rock wool cube things, and then put that into whatever medium I'm growing in. Might not work into coco though as it may hold to much water. Not sure
    Yeah i was gonns start off in rockwool myself but the guy in the shop said pest pellets have some nutrient value that can help it start off thanks though mate. My seeds popped this morning well 5 except 1 it cracked just didn't stretch out but I have put em all in a separate pp n put in a dark room temp bout 22 just gave a tiny bit of rizo and water how long does it usually take for them to pop up

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 13,492 Times

I've only just begun use coco bro and I just started my seeds in the coco with rizho at 2 ml per litre. I started them in 1/2 l pots then planted up to the final pots when they were established
    Between 48 and 72 hours you should have them above ground, get a dairy started and we will all help you. Soon as your girls break ground they need the light on I'd just leave the light on

Up the irons

9. The Following User Says Thank You to The budda For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (15-11-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 19,812 Times

If you plan on flood and drain the best thing to use is a 3inch block either coco or rockwool

I start my seeds/clones in a root riot or peat pellet once I see roots I transfer to a 3 inch block.
    I then keep the blocks under a cfl till they have a good root system (when they need watering once a day) or you can transfer as soon as you see roots out the block.
    Dont put them in the system till you have roots out the block.

I would go with either a 60/40 coco clay mix or 100% clay pebbles rather than just coco.
    More floods mean bigger buds

Its a great system I would recommend anyone going down the hydro route to get one.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The budda View Post
    I've only just begun use coco bro and I just started my seeds in the coco with rizho at 2 ml per litre. I started them in 1/2 l pots then planted up to the final pots when they were established
    Between 48 and 72 hours you should have them above ground, get a dairy started and we will all help you. Soon as your girls break ground they need the light on I'd just leave the light on
    I might just whack them on with a light when I get back tonight I just been having an argument with my bro about a probogator don't know Wether to use one his saying nah I'm saying yeah.and thanks bro loads of help there

Yeah bro as soon as I get past the seedling stage and see growth I'm gonna start a diary up I fooking love this site just bare love and help

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bethmeg View Post
    If you plan on flood and drain the best thing to use is a 3inch block either coco or rockwool

I start my seeds/clones in a root riot or peat pellet once I see roots I transfer to a 3 inch block.
    I then keep the blocks under a cfl till they have a good root system (when they need watering once a day) or you can transfer as soon as you see roots out the block.
    Dont put them in the system till you have roots out the block.

I would go with either a 60/40 coco clay mix or 100% clay pebbles rather than just coco.
    More floods mean bigger buds

Its a great system I would recommend anyone going down the hydro route to get one.
    Sorry for being a noob here mate but 3"block Of coco? Never heard of it know about the rock wool cubes bit cause I'm in a peet pellet should I wait them to start shooting roots before I whack them into the big pots? So just wait for good root growth I've heard great white does wonders! Yet when I got to my local they didn't have any!
    I'm gonna have em in 60coco 40 perlite as the water held for longer as u know it's just the flood and drain is so noisy sounds like someone's running the bath so don't like feeds constantly loll. Thank u again for all ur input I saw ur recent scrog I think was an absolute beast lol

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Maddogg91 For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (16-11-16)

Thanks

So far so good we got 2 that have spouted just waiting for leaves to pop out. Other lot can see some types of roots through the peat pellet fingers crossed got some more pop up tms. The 1s that have already sprouted shall I wait for the first set of leaves before I wack it under the cfl or is it time to chuck the beauties in the prop now

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Maddogg91 For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (16-11-16)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast