Thread: My Earth Juice "Big 5" cocktail - how long can I let this sit?

Thanks

Default My Earth Juice "Big 5" cocktail - how long can I let this sit?

I am using the EJ "big5", and usually dilute in a gallon container. Simple question: Once I've made this formula, how long can I let it sit for? Ie, If I make it then only use half and dont use the other half for 2 weeks or more, will it still be just as effective??

Thanks, sorry if this is a goofy question.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,883 Times

Whilst I can't say with any certainty, 2 weeks sounds too long to me
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    Whilst I can't say with any certainty, 2 weeks sounds too long to me
    Any reason why? I've heard conflicting opinions about whether or not there are actually beneficial microherds in these bottled nutrients. If there are indeed then that makes sense because I suppose they die off... although why wouldn't they just die off in the bottle anyway?

The only reasoning I can think of is that the microherd would die off... otherwise, why would letting it sit matter?

Thanks in advance

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,883 Times

I'm not really the best person to answer this, my answer is based more on assumption than fact....

The most I feed I ever make up lasts for maybe three days before I mix fresh (I'm growing in coco & non organic)

Thanks

No problem, thanks for the feedback.

What is your thought on "bottled bacteria"? Do they survive in sufficient numbers to make it from the bottle to my plant? And do they only survive in the bottle or will they continue to live once diluted?

Thanks

I think most bottled nutes that claim "beneficial to microorganism population" and such words mean its full of bacteria and fungus food, not necessarily the bacteria itself. Earthjuice doesnt contain any "dormant" bacteria in it, but some stuff i THINK does, such as Botanicare Humega. Sounds like the bacteria in such products awake with a food source.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 56,239 Times

Jebus , dont let that sit too long witout some movement in the pail , algae will form , it needs oxygen and keep it aerobic , otherwise you get anerobic microbes in there and molds and fungii will grow ,

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

liquiddiscos (25-12-16)