Thread: Bug problem, nutrient problem, or a lot of worry about nothing?

Thanks

Default Bug problem, nutrient problem, or a lot of worry about nothing?

Hi THCTalk,

I'e got three orange bud bagseed plants on the go, a few weeks old.

They didn't get the best start in life as I left them in the dark for a few days by accident, but they've gone from pathetic spindly things to healthy looking plants. They're in Biobizz lightmix, and I started using 1ml/l BioBizz Bio-Grow in every watering once I noticed the new growth yellowing. It fixed the yellowing nicely and new growth has been healthy and dark, but now there's another problem. Some of the leaves are developing "thin" patches, and starting to die off by the looks of things. This has all happened in the last 2 days.

Soil or hydro or coco: Soil
    plant age: 3 weeks
    pot size: 1/2l
    has it been repotted? and when?: 2 weeks ago, from jiffy pellet
    soil type: BioBizz light mix
    nutes or additives used and how often for soil: 1ml/l bio-grow every watering for one week
    Air temps (max min): 20 - 26 C
    Res temps (max min): ???
    humidity: ???
    lighting type (hps, led, cfl): CFL blue spectrum 250W, about 4-6 inches away. 24/0 lighting schedule.
    ph level: Untested

Does anyone know what's causing this and how to fix it?

Thanks,

FRIDGE
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	10.9 KB 
ID:	335459   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	15.1 KB 
ID:	335460   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	10.0 KB 
ID:	335461  

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

looks like water has been on leaves and burnt from the light..on the last pic that is anyway

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

fridge (14-11-16), mushroom (14-11-16)

Viz Guest

When you were feeding your girls did you spill any of the feed water onto the leaves, I did that a few times and had exactly the same marks and discolouration as you did.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Viz For This Useful Post:

fridge (14-11-16), mushroom (14-11-16)

Thanks

Not that I noticed but i guess it's possible. I've been watering them individually then putting them back in my veg box so could have conceivably dripped drops onto the other leaves.

Thanks both for your help.

Viz Guest

My girls did not suffer any permanent harm by the way. I also water by hand and it is next to impossible not to have drips when putting them back... Well impossible for me that is.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Viz For This Useful Post:

fridge (14-11-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,127 Times

Hmm I'm no soil grower but the second pic looks like it is showing signs of root problems or a deficiency. Far beyond me to give you advice though, hope you get some help soon, good luck mate.

Sent from my F3115 using Tapatalk

10. The Following User Says Thank You to mushroom For This Useful Post:

fridge (14-11-16)

Thanks

I've just taken a closer look and the first set of true leaves on one of the plants look like this...

I normally use your bog standard garden centre compost with no nutes in veg, This is the first time I'm using light mix and veg nutes and look what happens!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	13.8 KB 
ID:	335463  
    Last edited by fridge; 14-11-16 at 12:25 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to fridge For This Useful Post:

mushroom (14-11-16)

Thanks

In case anybody experiences the same thing, I worked out what happened after a few leaves started to get a purple tinge.

Basically the plants were deficient in N P and K. Once the BioGrow had a chance to work (increased to 1.5ml/l) all new growth was fine, brown spots stopped spreading, and purple colouring disappeared.

So lesson learned to start feeding at the first set of true leaves when using Light Mix, and don't be shy with the feed once you know how the phenotype reacts of course.