Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Please help me identify this issue: Bud rot or something else? (photos via imgur)

Thanks

Default Please help me identify this issue: Bud rot or something else? (photos via imgur)

We are approaching 90 days on this plant, its an outdoor/balcony grow. Lately its been raining A LOT, so very humid days with little to no sun (lots of clouds). Its just started to flower and I noticed a few budding sites that looked brown-ish/black, is this mold or just a few dead pistils/some other issue?

It may receive a few very light spritzes of water if its a heavy rain, but it has great ventilation/air-flow in its current place. From research online, I've also never seen bud rot this early in flowering.

If it is mold, should I cut it? Thoughts on an organic fungicide (found one with eucalyptus oil and other vegetable extracts and 5% emulsifier)?

Thanks in advance.

http://imgur.com/a/DJU9O
    Last edited by Charakter0; 15-11-16 at 04:58 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Charakter0 For This Useful Post:

joker_the_smoker (15-11-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

get some pics up so folks have better idea whats going on matey

Thanks

@joker_the_smoker - the forum won't let me upload, so I included a link to imgur. I've also updated the title so people know that .

Thanks!

Thanks

just make sure the size is below 2mb so resize it before uploading. or use Tapatalk which will let you upload them with no messing about.

yea the link work fine matey.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

Dutchcourage (15-11-16)

Thanks

They are all under 2mb, unfortunately it won't even let me click the upload button to attempt it... hopefully with the edit in the title, people will know there are pics.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Charakter0 View Post
    They are all under 2mb, unfortunately it won't even let me click the upload button to attempt it... hopefully with the edit in the title, people will know there are pics.
    cool mate see if you can get some close up amigo

Thanks

I really tried... those were the best I could get. Here are a few more, but I think they are pretty similar. Unfortunately my camera won't let me get any closer! In fact, it was taking better photos my iphone than my canon! lol.

Last edited by Bud Lightyear; 15-11-16 at 05:12 PM. Reason: Embed images

Thanks

they pretty good pics mate just my phone only lets me zoom in so much lol. problem you got as buds start forming and it keeps raining you will most definitely get bud rot. is there no way of bringin it in to keep it dry. put it under cheap cfl light or something?

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

Charakter0 (15-11-16), Dutchcourage (15-11-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,277 Times

I dont know from the pics if its the start of rot, but those heads look wet and brown and yak, so what I would do, is get it under cover somehow and pinch out those odd bits while its early. As JTB says mate, youll be lucky to avoid it if its outdoors ( autumn/winter U.K)

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dutchcourage For This Useful Post:

Charakter0 (15-11-16), joker_the_smoker (15-11-16)

Thanks

Its under cover at the moment (its a balcony grow), it only receives a few sprays of water here and there during a heavy rain and the plant is not wet at all. It receives a lot of ventilation/air flow, so any spritzes or sprays of water, dry up real quick. I really don't know if actually bringing it indoors would help, its humid everywhere and some of the affected areas are on the backside that never get hit with any sprays of water at all.

I'll cut those pieces out, thoughts on an organic fungicide?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Charakter0 For This Useful Post:

Dutchcourage (16-11-16)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast