Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New Growth Looks Weak ...

Thanks

Default New Growth Looks Weak ...

After taking this from the T5's at about two month veg, and placing in the tent under 1000 watt hps, the new growth seems strange.. It act like the new growth is sort of weak. Sort of tipping over like the plant is thirsty.

Foxfarm soil, and so far just adding 5 ml Foxfarm grow big, and 5 ml root stimulator per gallon..

It started almost immediately after placing under the hps about a week ago.

If I remember correctly, the last plant I grew in the tent ( same T5 to hps change ) went through this, and the plant never did really look all that healthy through to harvest..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	plant1.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	98.8 KB 
ID:	335549

2. The Following User Says Thank You to geori For This Useful Post:

SmobyToker#1 (16-11-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,849 Times

dont know foxfarm soil but 5ml nutes a gallon seems very low ,also have never used roots xcel but surely by now it wouldnt need a root booster?
    might be talking bollocks though as i dont use any of the stuff you do

tbh if last grow did same and result wasnt great perhaps try the stuff most others use,oldtimers n whatnot n forget boosters till last weeks of flower

t5s jumping to a 1k hps would like be bit of a shock for anything
    Last edited by ggotch; 15-11-16 at 08:14 PM.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ggotch For This Useful Post:

geori (15-11-16), SmobyToker#1 (16-11-16)

Thanks

Thank you ggotch..

I think you may be on to something with possibly shocking it going from T5's to hps. I thought the hps would be far better than the T5's so that is why I moved it into the tent..

The leaves on the new growth is also not nearly as lush a green as it was while under the T5's.

I will probably stop the root stimulator, and double up on the Foxfarm grow big nute.

For you and others.. Should I have just left it under the T5's until I was ready to move to 1000 w hp for 12/12 flip ?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to geori For This Useful Post:

ggotch (15-11-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,849 Times

personally i regard t5's good for propagation n thats about it really for me,and tbh i dont use my t5 anymore,use it as a shed light now, i use a 180 RWt led panel for first growth (third ish leaf height),then both the led and the hps till chop,changing only the grow n flower bulbs n positions/height.

personally id get a 600hps bulb sorted,even a dual spectrum,and forget the t5s after initial growth n start main grow with that.
    even a 400wt maybe theyre very cheap nowadays.

sorry cant be much more help,its a sort of need to be there really,plus ive settled on auto mostly now.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ggotch For This Useful Post:

geori (16-11-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ggotch View Post
    personally i regard t5's good for propagation n thats about it really for me,and tbh i dont use my t5 anymore,use it as a shed light now, i use a 180 RWt led panel for first growth (third ish leaf height),then both the led and the hps till chop,changing only the grow n flower bulbs n positions/height.

personally id get a 600hps bulb sorted,even a dual spectrum,and forget the t5s after initial growth n start main grow with that.
    even a 400wt maybe theyre very cheap nowadays.

sorry cant be much more help,its a sort of need to be there really,plus ive settled on auto mostly now.
    Thank you ggotch..

10. The Following User Says Thank You to geori For This Useful Post:

ggotch (16-11-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,993 Times

Whats your humidity buddy? is it low.... That looks to be suffering some but not awful. I hope you have the light far away. like 3-4 feet away. going from t5 to 1000hps is like going from light bulb to sun. big change. Can you knock youre ballast down to say 600?
    FORMERLY TOBYSMOKER

Big buddah cheese and blue cheese solo journey - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ese-Round-Two-)

Big Buddah Blue Cheese & Cheese Mentored by Budlightyear! https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-Bud-lightyear

BREAKS & BEATS FOR THE MUSIC PRODUCERS OUT THERE!!! - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d-check-it-out

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SmobyToker#1 For This Useful Post:

Dutchcourage (17-11-16), geori (17-11-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SmobyToker#1 View Post
    Whats your humidity buddy? is it low.... That looks to be suffering some but not awful. I hope you have the light far away. like 3-4 feet away. going from t5 to 1000hps is like going from light bulb to sun. big change. Can you knock youre ballast down to say 600?
    Hanging in there at 45 rh... No, I have the light a couple feet away.. I will move it further now.. And yes, I can drop it to 600..

So do I need to do both, move it further away and also change to 600 ? Or can I choose one or the other ?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to geori For This Useful Post:

Dutchcourage (17-11-16)

Thanks

What makes you veg for so long under T5s mate? I use mine for the first couple of weeks then they go under a 600w HPS. I'd have thought you could cut your veg times down a great deal by getting them under a higher powered light earlier on?

1st Grow - 5x Incredible Bulk
    2nd Grow - 5x Incredible Bulk
    3rd Grow - 4x Incredible Bulk & 1x Delicious Candy
    4th Grow - Incredible Bulk, Delicious Candy & Pakistan Valley
    5th Grow - 1200w 8 Plants Multistrain

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sodangerous For This Useful Post:

geori (17-11-16), ggotch (20-11-16), SmobyToker#1 (18-11-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sodangerous View Post
    What makes you veg for so long under T5s mate? I use mine for the first couple of weeks then they go under a 600w HPS. I'd have thought you could cut your veg times down a great deal by getting them under a higher powered light earlier on?
    I am still learning.. So let me ask.. I have been trying to keep them in veg for as long as possible so that ( in my mind ) will end up with a lot more bud sites.

I had no idea that we can take a two week old veg plant and flip it expecting the same yield as a much larger two or three month vegged plant..

Another question... When do you guys stop using the root stimulator ?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,993 Times

You can stop the root stim when flowering as most root development is done. However my girls get a full run off rhizo up till its pk time.

Regards light just keep it 1.5-2 feet away but on 600. Why burn all that electric for same or better light use.

Vegging - when i veg from seedling they go under the 250 cfl for around 2- 3 weeks until i feel they are ready for more high power. I then use a 400w mh lamp until the plant out grow the floor space it covers. Then i use a 600 mh until its bulb change to dual for flower.

I find slow and easy makes a more robust healthy squat plant with lots of bud potential. Yes you could grow a 3 month leggy thing for a plant that will grow buds but really isn't kitted out with the right infrastructure. Bit like a hospital catering to 1000 ppl but only have amenities for 100. But if you veg like a pro and make em big fairly quick they get a vigor which can keep going and going and not slow down. I feel that this is where long vegging under inapropriate lights causes problems. Notice how stems are thin and long from t5 use for months, when in reality it could have been 3-4 weeks and stems 3 times thicker for drawing up lots of water/nutes.

You'll get there pal, i been there with the thinking i wanna big plant veg it for months under sml lights hoping to save leccy and then flower comes and i yield as much as a plant thats vegged for a few weeks. Keep reading n watching others get the right kit and bam you'll nail it buddy.

I strongly suggest getting yourself a 250 watt blue/white cfl and also a 400 and 600 watt mh bulbs. you will see big difference. I was amazed at the staunch squat fattness you can get out a plant using a cfl like that. Fuckin ell wider than tall normally, unless like me ur a hopeless stoner who forgets to deal with night temps and then finds triffids lol...

Kepp growing

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SmobyToker#1 For This Useful Post:

geori (18-11-16), ggotch (18-11-16)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast