Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New Growth Looks Weak ...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SmobyToker#1 View Post
    You can stop the root stim when flowering as most root development is done. However my girls get a full run off rhizo up till its pk time.

Regards light just keep it 1.5-2 feet away but on 600. Why burn all that electric for same or better light use.

Vegging - when i veg from seedling they go under the 250 cfl for around 2- 3 weeks until i feel they are ready for more high power. I then use a 400w mh lamp until the plant out grow the floor space it covers. Then i use a 600 mh until its bulb change to dual for flower.

I find slow and easy makes a more robust healthy squat plant with lots of bud potential. Yes you could grow a 3 month leggy thing for a plant that will grow buds but really isn't kitted out with the right infrastructure. Bit like a hospital catering to 1000 ppl but only have amenities for 100. But if you veg like a pro and make em big fairly quick they get a vigor which can keep going and going and not slow down. I feel that this is where long vegging under inapropriate lights causes problems. Notice how stems are thin and long from t5 use for months, when in reality it could have been 3-4 weeks and stems 3 times thicker for drawing up lots of water/nutes.

You'll get there pal, i been there with the thinking i wanna big plant veg it for months under sml lights hoping to save leccy and then flower comes and i yield as much as a plant thats vegged for a few weeks. Keep reading n watching others get the right kit and bam you'll nail it buddy.

I strongly suggest getting yourself a 250 watt blue/white cfl and also a 400 and 600 watt mh bulbs. you will see big difference. I was amazed at the staunch squat fattness you can get out a plant using a cfl like that. Fuckin ell wider than tall normally, unless like me ur a hopeless stoner who forgets to deal with night temps and then finds triffids lol...

Kepp growing
    Excellent info SmobyToker... Big thank you... !

2. The Following User Says Thank You to geori For This Useful Post:

ggotch (18-11-16)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2