Thread: Bottom Leaves Turning Yellow: Normal or Deficiency?

Thanks

Default Answered: Bottom Leaves Turning Yellow: Normal or Deficiency?

The plant is about 3.5 ft tall and wonderfully green and beautiful with about 1 week into the flowering phase.

However, there are some leaves at the bottom that are yellow and others that have started to turn yellow. I know this is normal late in the flowering phase, but I'm only 1 week in. Its been cloudy for about 1 week, very very little sun, so I'm guessing that lack of being able to dry out/wet roots combined with lack of sunlight to allow the leaves to properly photosynthesize is the cause, as opposed to a nutrient deficiency, but I'd love to hear some advice from the experts.

Its a balcony grow and for the first two months, I was using light doses of 15-15-15 and for the past month, light dose of a bloom fert, 8-16-42.

Thanks in advance.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image (14).jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	25.8 KB 
ID:	335562

2. "Hi mate,

It's normal. It's where the plant is using up Nitrogen."

The Aspie Toker Guest

Hi mate,

It's normal. It's where the plant is using up Nitrogen.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to The Aspie Toker For This Useful Post:

Charakter0 (16-11-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,993 Times
    Provided Answers: 36

You got it buddy plant cant make use of all those leaves with no sun so it drops them making a more stable plant. This is not desirable in week 1 flower as those leaves are needed to make buds. Can you maybe get more light to the underneath. i.e bend the arms out a tad and get better penetration to below....
    FORMERLY TOBYSMOKER

Big buddah cheese and blue cheese solo journey - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ese-Round-Two-)

Big Buddah Blue Cheese & Cheese Mentored by Budlightyear! https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-Bud-lightyear

BREAKS & BEATS FOR THE MUSIC PRODUCERS OUT THERE!!! - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d-check-it-out

Thanks

@SmobyToker#1 - I wish! Unfortunately its just an issue of no sun these days, raining everyday in the afternoon which is the time my balcony receives sun.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,993 Times
    Provided Answers: 36

Oh is it uk? corr thats late mate if so....hmmm you may get a j or 2 sorry buddy.

I'll pray for the sun for you, dont hold ur breathe tho mate