Thread: New grower....where am I going wrong?

Thanks

Default New grower....where am I going wrong?

Hi guys, new to the forum and also first grow. Growing 2 white widow x big bud, in coco around 2 weeks from seed in a 1x1x2 Trojan tent under 600w hps at approx 3ft above the canopy. Everything was going perfect from germ, to seedlings, to starting veg and they really started to take off when the first leaves developed. They were looking brilliant until I added a small clip on fan into the equation. Temps had also been getting slightly high during lights on due to my intake grille flap having fallen closed halfway, now rectified and standing at 26-27oC light on to 20-23 light off. Humidity around 60%. I have been using canna a + b at approximately 1ml per litre so far, have ran off 20% on each feed and waiting for the pots to dry out before watering again. Roots look healthy and white and have tonight just transplanted to these larger pots now as their final home. Noticed the oldest and very bottom leaves have begun to curl up and dry out at the ends, no other leaves look damaged but both plants have the same two leaves damaged. Anyone know what I am doing wrong or offer some advice? Thanks

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0425.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	51.0 KB 
ID:	335630Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0425.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	51.0 KB 
ID:	335630Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0424.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	62.0 KB 
ID:	335631Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0427.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	61.1 KB 
ID:	335632Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0426.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	51.7 KB 
ID:	335633

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 26,740 Times

Looks like it could be splash damage from watering them or could be from the fan blowing more on that side of the plant.

I normally remove those lower leaves as the plant grows, makes it easier to access at feed times

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

"Bees don't waste time explaining to flies why honey is better than shit."

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Loki For This Useful Post:

Blue (16-11-16), M_C (16-11-16)

Thanks

Yeah it could well be the damage from watering as I stupidly left some beads of water on the leaves as at the time I didn't know to dry them off,rookie mistake!
    they're basically shrivelling from the end back and the most severe one has started to crack, should I take them off now or leave them to see what happens? It started with no discolouring or anything just like the leaf had decelled in localised spots which I think would also be the cause you mentioned above,
    really hope it's that as I've tried my hardest so far with them and would hate to lose my plants having made it this far,
    Having not grown before do the plants look short and stunted in your opinion as there seems to be quite a lot of foliage coming through and no stem length increase?
    I was originally running 24/0, which I'm wondering, under the 600w lamp was too much for such young plants, anyway the cost of the electric has forced me to switch to 18/6 for now��
    Thanks for the reply

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 37,976 Times

As Loki said it looks like water splash burns from the light, don't allow your coco to dry out it needs to be kept moist. Ideally you should be watering to run off daily to prevent salt build up and get fresh oxygen into the rootzone.

Are you ph,ing the water?

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blue For This Useful Post:

Loki (17-11-16), Vlad the Inhaler (17-11-16)

Thanks

Yes I'm phing to 6.5 at the minute, I have quite soft water but I've not got an eh meter yet so not sure exactly on that side of things, I'm basically using tap water and ph down to get 6.5. I probably should have gone with soil do my first grow in hindsight do you think? As mentioned they were really flourishing and to be honest the newer leaves are still sprouting fine but I'm concerned in case this issue continues. Also I didn't have a circ fan blowing on them when the water got spilt so it could have taken hours of magnified light before those droplets evaporated....feel like such an idiot now

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 18,117 Times

Yep, like Blue said.. if it isn't water splash, I'd be looking at the pH next.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Vlad the Inhaler For This Useful Post:

Blue (17-11-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 37,976 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Skowi187 View Post
    Yes I'm phing to 6.5 at the minute, I have quite soft water but I've not got an eh meter yet so not sure exactly on that side of things, I'm basically using tap water and ph down to get 6.5. I probably should have gone with soil do my first grow in hindsight do you think? As mentioned they were really flourishing and to be honest the newer leaves are still sprouting fine but I'm concerned in case this issue continues. Also I didn't have a circ fan blowing on them when the water got spilt so it could have taken hours of magnified light before those droplets evaporated....feel like such an idiot now
    There's nothing wrong with coco for a first grow mate, my first was coco ..... Drop your feed ph to 5.8 to ensure your plants are taking up all elements as at 6.5 your locking boron, manganese and phosphorus out.. Also water more often preferably daily to run off.

As you not using an EC meter don't up the feed until the plants start to look slightly hungry (slightly pale to leafs) then increase by a small amount. But if you can get an Ec meter it would make life much easier

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blue For This Useful Post:

Loki (17-11-16), Vlad the Inhaler (17-11-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 26,740 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    There's nothing wrong with coco for a first grow mate, my first was coco ..... Drop your feed ph to 5.8 to ensure your plants are taking up all elements as at 6.5 your locking boron, manganese and phosphorus out.. Also water more often preferably daily to run off.

As you not using an EC meter don't up the feed until the plants start to look slightly hungry (slightly pale to leafs) then increase by a small amount. But if you can get an Ec meter it would make life much easier
    Nice bit of advice Blue.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Loki For This Useful Post:

Blue (17-11-16), Vlad the Inhaler (17-11-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,993 Times

Mate i havnt read all the notes but thought i'd just rerassure you that my plants always do that on the 1 blade leafs, like loki says probs just splash. pull the fucker off n forget about it buddy. that plant be fine imo lol

im on the super cheese
    FORMERLY TOBYSMOKER

Big buddah cheese and blue cheese solo journey - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ese-Round-Two-)

Big Buddah Blue Cheese & Cheese Mentored by Budlightyear! https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-Bud-lightyear

BREAKS & BEATS FOR THE MUSIC PRODUCERS OUT THERE!!! - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d-check-it-out