Thread: Heat problems

Thanks

Default Heat problems

What's up guys,

I'm trying to figure out what's going on with my heat in the tent. Lights out I'm running 71 degrees, with the lights on it's 84 degrees. Another problem is I'm only running two Mars Hydro 600watt LEDs on one half of the tent. I'm plan on running another two on the second half once I get going.

My ventilation setup:
    - mountain air carbon scrubber 4inchx16
    - Active Air 400CFM 6inch inline
    - the air is ducted into a large attic with plenty of ventilation.
    - the fan is reduced down to a 4inch duct

Why is my heat getting so high??
    Last edited by Twisted hate; 19-11-16 at 04:54 AM.

Thanks

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,771 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Twisted hate View Post
    My ventilation setup:
    - mountain air carbon scrubber 4inchx16
    - Active Air 400CFM 6inch inline
    - the air is ducted into a large attic with plenty of ventilation.
    - the fan is reduced down to a 4inch duct

Why is my heat getting so high??
    6" to 4" is always going to be a bad combination - it's a huge capacity reduction. Unless there is a reason, use 6" duct....
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

ggotch (20-11-16), Twisted hate (19-11-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    6" to 4" is always going to be a bad combination - it's a huge capacity reduction. Unless there is a reason, use 6" duct....
    Ok I'll get that changed out tomorrow. What about going from 4 to 6? Scrubber to fan. That shouldn't be a issue?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,771 Times

Why not just 6" to 6"?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    Why not just 6" to 6"?
    The carbon scrubber is 4 inch, my fan is 6 inch. I messed up when ordering it.

Hopper Guest

The fan is struggling due to your filter being too small for it, the filter should have a larger m3 per hour air flow than your fan, for the fan it's like it's trying to suck a tennis ball through a straw

It will also put a strain on your fan and burn it out

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hopper For This Useful Post:

ggotch (20-11-16), Twisted hate (20-11-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,849 Times

4" anything is way too small for a tent that can handle 4x 600 leds ie a large tent.

a 4" filter is for drying tents or single plant mini grows etc,doesnt have the throughput to handle much more,certainly not a full grow and youll be fkd when it all starts to stink.

a 4" fan is ok generally for assisting air in,no filter,you want negative effect on the tent,more extract than air in does this,is your tent sucking its sides in? etc.

6" extract inc filter is pretty much the minimum for a large tent ,500m'3 fan joined to a 600m'3 filter for example.

8" is even better

after getting all that sussed,temps/rh are a case of dialing in the fans with speed controller on the extract mainly,but sometimes the inlet as well.

masses of info on thct and a hundred different ways of doing anything,make the most of other peeps fortunes/misfortunes to figure out whats best for you .

cheers n atb.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ggotch For This Useful Post:

M_C (20-11-16), Twisted hate (20-11-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ggotch View Post
    4" anything is way too small for a tent that can handle 4x 600 leds ie a large tent.

a 4" filter is for drying tents or single plant mini grows etc,doesnt have the throughput to handle much more,certainly not a full grow and youll be fkd when it all starts to stink.

a 4" fan is ok generally for assisting air in,no filter,you want negative effect on the tent,more extract than air in does this,is your tent sucking its sides in? etc.

6" extract inc filter is pretty much the minimum for a large tent ,500m'3 fan joined to a 600m'3 filter for example.

8" is even better

after getting all that sussed,temps/rh are a case of dialing in the fans with speed controller on the extract mainly,but sometimes the inlet as well.

masses of info on thct and a hundred different ways of doing anything,make the most of other peeps fortunes/misfortunes to figure out whats best for you .

cheers n atb.

Awesome man! I appreciate all that info. I'm getting new stuff ordered and will use my old fan and filter for the drying tent. Thanks

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Twisted hate For This Useful Post:

ggotch (20-11-16), M_C (20-11-16)