Thread: Thoughts on how to improve my current setup?

Thanks

Default Thoughts on how to improve my current setup?

I'm currently a few weeks away from the end of my third grow, and I'm wondering how I can improve / expand on my next one.

After my first grow, I built a wall to partition off the room. There's 18mm MDF on each side of the battens.

I cut a small doorway on the left hand side, and placed my tent on the right hand side.

Cut out vents on each side for passive intakes which do the job nicely.

Now this grow, I've had a 700w oil filled radiator on all the time during lights off and I'm thinking, I may as well be paying for 700w of light instead (well, 600w), and get double the yield.

I am torn between:

1. Sticking another 600w parabolic on the left side, and running them alternate hours so that whilst one is on, the other side is getting some the heat during lights off

2. Creating one big area and running them both at the same time.

3. Separate veg / flower areas.

I am mainly leaning towards 1 at the moment if I can figure a way to use 1 extraction fan / filter. Noise is a big issue and if I went for one big grow area, I'd have to have 2 oscillating fans and probably a bigger extraction than my current 6" RVK A1. A seperate veg / flower area would be nice but in reality I think it'd be easier to veg them all at once, then flower all at once.

I would move the carbon filter to somewhere more to the left side which would cut down a great deal on the amount of ducting I'd need to run, which in theory should quieten things down and also make the fan more efficient, which SHOULD allow me to keep using the 6" A1. I currently run it at 40% lights on, and 20% lights off which is fine and gives me more leaway to play with should I need to turn it up.

The only thing I'd struggle with is getting through the doorway as instead of an empty space on the left behind the wall which I use for pulling the pots into when feeding, I'd have 4 plants in there to try and squeeze round.

My current setup:

And my proposed setup:

Hope the above images make sense?

Anyone running something similar to what I'm proposing? Advice on how to use the 1 filter for the 2 grows?

1st Grow - 5x Incredible Bulk
    2nd Grow - 5x Incredible Bulk
    3rd Grow - 4x Incredible Bulk & 1x Delicious Candy
    4th Grow - Incredible Bulk, Delicious Candy & Pakistan Valley
    5th Grow - 1200w 8 Plants Multistrain

2. The Following User Says Thank You to sodangerous For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-11-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,551 Times

You'll probably need to upgrade extraction to 8" is my first thought, particularly running both lights
    Too weird to live, too rare to die

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Cunning For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (24-11-16)

Thanks

The 6" should be sufficient running one light at a time?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to sodangerous For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (24-11-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,551 Times

Quote Originally Posted by sodangerous View Post
    The 6" should be sufficient running one light at a time?
    I only got as far as point 2 and the pics

6" is fine for a 600W

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Cunning For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (24-11-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 13,496 Times

Looks good bro, I'd still look at increasing the outlet it's clearing double the space remember even with one light on at a time

Up the irons

10. The Following User Says Thank You to The budda For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (24-11-16)