Thread: First time grow, what I' am doing wrong ? Need help please

Thanks

Default First time grow, what I' am doing wrong ? Need help please

Hey everyone I was hoping someone could help me what is wrong with my 2 week old plant.
    I will try to provide as much details as I can however I am very new to this and any help is greatly appreciated.

- I am using Plant Magic soil.
    - light is HPS 400w but since it's young flower the distance is around 80cm. (planning on going lower soon).
    - Pot size is around 2 gallons. (I know it's too big but I didn't know it until last week).
    - also using small fan to ensure air flow and stronger plants.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20161121_222831.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	54.5 KB 
ID:	335907

Could this be nitrogen deficiency (I doubt since the soil I use was mean't be enough for 4 weeks or so) or potentially over watering?
    I was away 4 days in Amsterdam and my friend was watering everyday in small doses.

I am new to this any help greatly appreciated.

Viz Guest

Your soil may just be a bit hot for your girl. If you say you have not fed her anything but water. Are you doing anything to the water at all? Adding anything...

What kind of plant is it? Auto or photo-period?

Thanks

Nothing at the moment. got bottle of old timers grow and blow but haven't used it yet. It's a northern light auto from Amsterdam. what do you suggest I should do mate since lamp has fair distance and soil seems to be slightly warm not hot.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Raikonne For This Useful Post:

Viz Guest

Sorry for being unclear. Hot soil means it may be to high in Nitrogen for your girl. That happens from time to time, and may be because your girl is just a bit sensitive or maybe your bag of soil just happens to be higher in N than normal.

Just keep watering her when the soil is dry and let her sort herself out.

Since your plant is an Auto you have put her in the perfect pot. 10l is the optimal size I would say for an Auto, and you do want to get your Auto into its final pot from the get go. So you did the right thing there.

You may want to add Rhizo to your water that will help with the rood development.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Viz For This Useful Post:

Raikonne (22-11-16)

Thanks

Thanks for fast reply. So I am also right that feeding should start after 4 weeks? since this is what I through. Also how often would you suggest I should water? twice I week 25% of total pot size and let the rest drain or more often but much less?

I will get the Rhizo for root development I just hope it won't die until then.

Viz Guest

Only feed when your girl needs it. For example my Auto girls were only fed once they had started flowering. Let the plants guide you rather than a time table.

If you see what my one girl looked like after ten days, I was going to bin her she looked so bad. Well that girl is in the bud of the month for November so just relax and ensure that your environment is good for her. I would only water when the pot is dry and then water around the outside of the pot. Not in the middle. You want the roots to search for the moisture and expand outwards and down, not be lazy because the water is right there for them and only partially develop. Let them search for the moisture. You have enough time for her to reach her potential. So don't worry about scheduled watering, feel when the soil is dry. Pick up the pot after a good water and get a feel for what that is like. Then the next time you pick the pot up if it feels light, then water her. I used to wait till the soil was dry right up to the second knuckle of my finger before watering.

The key is to let your eyes and the plant guide you.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Viz For This Useful Post:

Raikonne (22-11-16)

Thanks

Thanks for prompt reply again. I really appreciate it. I can across this timetable on plant magic website which indicated that I should feed grow after 5 days. 2ml per 1L of water.

Plant Magic Organic Feed Chart.pdf

I assume it's very generic guide so I will stick to what you have said. However I found similar threat where people mentioned that this soil has very little food since the timetable might be right.
    Have look and tell me what you think.

Viz Guest

Please just toss it. Trust your eyes, trust your plant to tell you what and when you need to feed or water her.

Please do start a grow diary here in the novice growers section, I and others will stop by and provide input as and when you need it. A good place to start in the diary would be to list the equipment you are using to grow, include where you are growing and anything else you think may be relevant. Once it is up you will get plenty of assistance if you need it in the future.

Click either of the links in my signature, and see how I structured my grow diary first post. It provided all of the information that those who read it will need to offer suggestions or give me help if or when I need it.

Now it is off to sleep for me have an early start in the morning and it is past pumpkin hour already.

Take care.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,884 Times

These are guidelines only, individual situations may vary.
    What a great disclaimer
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

13. The Following User Says Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post: