Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Am worried if everything is fine.

Thanks

Default Am worried if everything is fine.

Hi,
    A newbie, trying my hands of on a plant or two. Managed to find some seeds, not sure if they are female/male, but then that's irrelevant. After trying to germinate quite a few seeds, two of them turned out to be fine plants of height around 8 inches. I tried to transplant one of the plant from pure soil to a super soil mix of perlite, vermiculite, cocopeat, soil and compost with little bit of tea and coffee. Within 2 days the healthy plant's health started deteriorating and it died in a matter of few days. Since then I didn't touched the second plant. Off late i saw some lower leaves turning yellow, as suggested I cut them with scissor and added some compost to the soil along with some tea. Now the tip of the leaves are turning down and I see more yellow/faded color leaves. Regarding lights, I have kept around 3000 lm but its very well ventilated the temperature around the plant is around 30 c and humidity around 50(best I can manage with DIY stuff).
    Help needed urgently, dont want this one to die.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20161122_205113.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	99.4 KB 
ID:	335938Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20161122_205057.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	98.6 KB 
ID:	335939Click image for larger version. 

ID:	335939

2. The Following User Says Thank You to rollingjoint For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (22-11-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 19,812 Times

Its too hot for a start dear, lights? 3000 what?

looks like they need a good feed.

Tea,coffee ? mines weak with two sugars

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bethmeg For This Useful Post:

Ironman (22-11-16), The budda (22-11-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 48,497 Times

Quote Originally Posted by rollingjoint View Post
    Hi,
    A newbie, trying my hands of on a plant or two. Managed to find some seeds, not sure if they are female/male, but then that's irrelevant. After trying to germinate quite a few seeds, two of them turned out to be fine plants of height around 8 inches. I tried to transplant one of the plant from pure soil to a super soil mix of perlite, vermiculite, cocopeat, soil and compost with little bit of tea and coffee. Within 2 days the healthy plant's health started deteriorating and it died in a matter of few days. Since then I didn't touched the second plant. Off late i saw some lower leaves turning yellow, as suggested I cut them with scissor and added some compost to the soil along with some tea. Now the tip of the leaves are turning down and I see more yellow/faded color leaves. Regarding lights, I have kept around 3000 lm but its very well ventilated the temperature around the plant is around 30 c and humidity around 50(best I can manage with DIY stuff).
    Help needed urgently, dont want this one to die.Click image for larger version. 

ID:	335939Click image for larger version. 

ID:	335939
    Hello mate, Beth is a weed wizard, answer her questions as best you can and I'm sure she'll set you right. Good luck mate😆

sent from Thames Ironworks

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ironman For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (22-11-16)

Thanks

It's 3000 Lumens,( 3 LED bulbs and a big 85 watt CFL) for an area of a box of 2 fr length 1 feet width and 2 feet height, which I made expecting 3-4 plants to grow. What I read earlier was that 30 deg celecius is decent temperature considering the country I am in...Namaste
    Good feed ??? I already put quite a bit of compost on the top layer as you can see in the pic.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to rollingjoint For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (22-11-16)

Viz Guest

Could you possibly tell us what LED bulbs you are using? Forget the lumen stuff for now. If they are household LED's then not sure that they will do too much. Not going to do any harm either. The CFL however you can get as close to the plants as possible. Based on your lights I would suggest one plant, at a push two is all that you can reasonably manage. Unless you can get them outside in the bright sun, but suspect that might be difficult to achieve.

Feed = when asked what you are feeding your plants it is more along the lines are you adding a nutrient to the water and feeding the plant like that. Cannibis plants will need to be feed additionally to what is in the soil. They look very hungry and that is why you were asked what you are feeding them. Compost is all well and good but possibly your girls need a bit more. I have no idea what plant food is available where you live so you are going to have to research that.

I assume you are in India based on the name so yes temp is going to be something beyond your control.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Viz For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (22-11-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 13,492 Times

22 to 28 c is optimal bro anywhere in the 30 s is going to begin to stress them, they do look hungry I'm of the same opinion as the good lady Beth, that light should be fine but I've no experience of led

Up the irons

12. The Following User Says Thank You to The budda For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (22-11-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 19,812 Times

Compost on the top wont really help she needs it around her roots.

When you say soil what kind,shop bought or dug from the garden.
    When you say tea can you elaborate.

How often do you water?

Cannabis can grow happily @ temps of 30 degrees but young poorly cannabis cannot.You need to cool it down a bit.

She is pale and purple which means shes lacking in everything dear.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bethmeg For This Useful Post:

M_C (22-11-16), rollingjoint (22-11-16)

Thanks

ThaNKs Bethmeg and viz, @ Bethmeg: Yes the soil is from my garden, but rest of my plants in the balcony are blooming. It's used darjeling tea. I water once a day and spray around to increase humidity. I just checkd with a cheap ph meter bought over amazon the PH of the soil is around 7.
    @Viz. I dont add nutrient as I was planning on doing it organically. What kind of Nutrients shud I add. Can you suggest me. I read somewhere adding almunium sulfate to the soil will decrease it's pH and help the plant, so will epsom salt.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,771 Times

Quote Originally Posted by rollingjoint View Post
    I dont add nutrient as I was planning on doing it organically. What kind of Nutrients shud I add.
    Plant Magic Old Timer range would be a good option for you
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

17. The Following User Says Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (22-11-16)

Viz Guest

As you are growing with soil you really do not need to be messing with Ph at all. The soil will sort all that out for you.

This is the organic feed I use. Plant Magic Old Timers Grow and Bloom. Just search for organic feeds with google shopping and see what you guys have in your area.

Key to happy cannabis plants in soil, lots of light, soil that will drain well and allow air to get to the roots, so heavy clay based soils are not ideal and feeding. Organic feeds used to grow tomatoes might be a good place to start.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Viz For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (22-11-16), M_C (22-11-16)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast