Thread: A newbie problem- leaves turning yellow

Thanks

Default Answered: A newbie problem- leaves turning yellow

I planted these 26 days ago.

the soil consist of 20% compost 40% perlit 40% coco.
    the first 2 weeks went great but 2 days after I gave them their first round of supplement (18-18-18 npk added to their water) & (20-20-20 npk sprayed on their leaves)
    I had a Nitrogen toxicity problem and I flushed the soil with tap water for 30-40 second
    things got better for a week, the plant started to heal but after about 7 days of flushing I ran into another problem
    the leaves are turning yellow (see the pictures PLZZZ)

does anyone know what might be the problem?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo_2016-11-23_00-02-19.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	37.2 KB 
ID:	335953

Name:	photo_2016-11-23_00-02-23.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	40.0 KB 
ID:	335954

Name:	photo_2016-11-23_00-02-25.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	36.3 KB 
ID:	335955

Name:	photo_2016-11-23_00-02-27.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	42.4 KB 
ID:	335956

Name:	photo_2016-11-23_00-02-30.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	36.0 KB 
ID:	335957

please help me if you can

2. "I think what he is trying to say is that mixing mediums that have different requirements for feeding is possibly going to be problematic. And certainly looking at your plants the evidence suggests he may have a point. You see coco and soil (compost here) have different water retention properties, one holds nutrients and the other does not. For those reasons alone the kinds of ways you feed a plant grown in Soil is different from the way you feed a plant grown in Coco. Adding so many different variables is not ideal.

I would suggest that you choose one medium, soil or coco and stick with that. Soil would be the easier option as that requires less daily input from the grower. Soil will also buffer the Ph so no need to mess with Ph at any point. Coco need not be that taxing as a feeding option but does require particular hardware and types of feeds, it is however going to be more demanding than soil is."

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,700 Times
    Provided Answers: 31

the problem is you are nether using soil nor coco.
    the leaves are showing nitrogen deficiency too, hence the yellowing. I would re-pot this into either coco or soil, not a mixture of both cos thats just asking for problems.
    Depending on what medium you go for you can start feeding them and they will flourish.

If its coco id start at 0.6 EC and ph 5.8.

If it soil you decide on use 2ml per litre grow nutes to start with., dont over water it either, . Just water it, drench the pot, then leave it for at least 4-5 days, till the top couple of inches of soil are dry, then water again.

what nutrients are you using?

They will come good.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to bigbadbillybob For This Useful Post:

joker_the_smoker (23-11-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigbadbillybob View Post
    the problem is you are nether using soil nor coco.
    the leaves are showing nitrogen deficiency too, hence the yellowing. I would re-pot this into either coco or soil, not a mixture of both cos thats just asking for problems.
    Depending on what medium you go for you can start feeding them and they will flourish.

If its coco id start at 0.6 EC and ph 5.8.

If it soil you decide on use 2ml per litre grow nutes to start with., dont over water it either, . Just water it, drench the pot, then leave it for at least 4-5 days, till the top couple of inches of soil are dry, then water again.

what nutrients are you using?

They will come good.
    why do you say the mixture of coco and compost is not good? what's the problem?

I've only used 18-18-18 npk once so far

Viz Guest

I think what he is trying to say is that mixing mediums that have different requirements for feeding is possibly going to be problematic. And certainly looking at your plants the evidence suggests he may have a point. You see coco and soil (compost here) have different water retention properties, one holds nutrients and the other does not. For those reasons alone the kinds of ways you feed a plant grown in Soil is different from the way you feed a plant grown in Coco. Adding so many different variables is not ideal.

I would suggest that you choose one medium, soil or coco and stick with that. Soil would be the easier option as that requires less daily input from the grower. Soil will also buffer the Ph so no need to mess with Ph at any point. Coco need not be that taxing as a feeding option but does require particular hardware and types of feeds, it is however going to be more demanding than soil is.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Viz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,352 Times
    Provided Answers: 53

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,352 Times
    Provided Answers: 2

^^^^^ I'll second the above. choose soil and get em in bigger pots.

and if my thought dreams could be seen,
    they'd probably put my head in a guillotine.