Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Help! Complete noob drying for first time need advice

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,256 Times

Default Help! Complete noob drying for first time need advice

I chopped on Sunday and remove fan leaves and manicured while wet. They have been hanging dry and checked daily but I am unsure if they are ready to be cured? Have had them hung in the dark with 6"fan and filter still running and 9" oscillating fan on first speed with dehumidifier in there. Average temp around 18-20 degree and rh of about 50-55% and they have been in there for 5 days. Buds feel dry and slight crisp to them stems still bending and no snap sound do you think they are ready to be cured ?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to leeinuk87 For This Useful Post:

joker_the_smoker (25-11-16)

Thanks

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0296.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	55.2 KB 
ID:	336101 here's a photo of one of the buds

4. The Following User Says Thank You to leeinuk87 For This Useful Post:

joker_the_smoker (25-11-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

sounds like they ready for jars to me mate. stick them in jars with mini RH meter in there and see what the humidity is like

have look at this also https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...amp-cure-guide

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

Dutchcourage (25-11-16), leeinuk87 (25-11-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joker_the_smoker View Post
    sounds like they ready for jars to me mate. stick them in jars with mini RH meter in there and see what the humidity is like

have look at this also https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...amp-cure-guide
    ok no problem thanks trying to upload a few pictures but won't let me do it for some reason

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by leeinuk87 View Post
    ok no problem thanks trying to upload a few pictures but won't let me do it for some reason
    use tapatalk for pics much easier

9. The Following User Says Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

leeinuk87 (25-11-16)

Viz Guest

A very handy way to test if they are ready for the jars is to take one of the little buds on a stem and pull it off. If that bud stalk, not the main stalk, snaps cleanly without any strands of stem attached it is ready. Jokers advice is very good and that is what I did too. Pop a Rh meter in and pay attention. I burp every day and pay attention to changing the air.

Be sad to let bud rot happen at this late stage of the game.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Viz For This Useful Post:

Dutchcourage (25-11-16), joker_the_smoker (25-11-16), leeinuk87 (25-11-16)

Thanks

Stem snapping is too dry imo. Just follow that guide joker gave you. Thats pretty much bang on how i do it. Jar when it's at the correct RH, forget stems and snapping

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stoned Oscar For This Useful Post:

joker_the_smoker (25-11-16), leeinuk87 (25-11-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Viz View Post
    A very handy way to test if they are ready for the jars is to take one of the little buds on a stem and pull it off. If that bud stalk, not the main stalk, snaps cleanly without any strands of stem attached it is ready. Jokers advice is very good and that is what I did too. Pop a Rh meter in and pay attention. I burp every day and pay attention to changing the air.

Be sad to let bud rot happen at this late stage of the game.
    they seem ready as buds came of stem when pulling of, they are now sitting in jars ready to mature and ripen have stuck rh meter in there which will give me temp and rh. I am going to leave it in there for 24 hours to get accurate reading then pop in the next jar and so on.... what is the ideal cure zone ?

Thanks

Sweet spot is 60-65%

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stoned Oscar For This Useful Post:

joker_the_smoker (25-11-16), leeinuk87 (25-11-16)

Thanks

After 2-3 days, or when the outsides start to feel dry, place the small buds in a large (Ish) container with an RH meter and put the lid on. This draws the moisture out and gives a more even dry. The sweet spot for curing is 60-65%. After a Hr or two, the RH has most likely increased over 65% and the buds may feel wet. Take the buds out and leave to dry another 12-24 hrs. Repeat this process until the RH is stable at 65% in the containers for around 18-24 hrs. Once stable they go into the jars for curing

from that link. read read read lol

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

leeinuk87 (25-11-16), Stoned Oscar (25-11-16)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast