Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: day & night optimum temperature in flowering stage

Thanks

Question day & night optimum temperature in flowering stage

hi
    please tell me about indoor day & night optimum temperature in flowering stage

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 39,741 Times

Under 28oc-23 lights on
    Lights off no more than 5oc diffrence to the on
    Temps if poss.

Autos
    Redemption Grow Take 2

Photo's
    Green lizard lick growing
    Exodus cheese exo-bition

THERE IS A STRICT 10 PLANT MAXIMUM RULE ON THIS SITE!.YOU WILL BE BANNED FOR BREACHING THIS!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ERBURT For This Useful Post:

joker_the_smoker (26-11-16), Oxy (26-11-16)

Viz Guest

Lights on 26'C maximum and 18'C minimum are acceptable. Literature suggests that there be a noticeable difference between light on and light off temps, they claim a 10'C decrease in 'night - lights off' is ideal.

For me that is currently impossible to manage. I could rig up additional timers and thermostats to manage but prefer to keep my tent heater set at 21'C lights off. Means I don't get a wide spread with 26'C max and a 21'C or there about minimum. Has got as cold as 17'C in the early mornings however. Clearly my heater is not up for the task...

Flowering Stage: In the flowering stage (when cannabis plants start making buds), it's best to keep temps slightly cooler, around 65-80°F (18-26°C) to produce the best color, trichome production and smell. There should be a 10 degree difference between night and day temps for the best results (this is especially important in the flowering stage for highest quality bud development).

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Viz For This Useful Post:

Dutchcourage (28-11-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,755 Times

Are you sure Viz. I thought 10'C was maximum difference and 5'C optimal.

Viz Guest

Quote Originally Posted by toblue View Post
    Are you sure Viz. I thought 10'C was maximum difference and 5'C optimal.

Not my view mate, that is from one of the rather well respected grow guides. Why I said literature suggests...

It does make sense but not possible for me to do as it stands. I try and keep my min and max withing 6'C if I can.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Viz For This Useful Post:

Dutchcourage (28-11-16), rockhopper (26-11-16), toblue (26-11-16)

Thanks

6-8'C seems more doable and a safer option in case of error or inaccuracies in thermostat equipment.

Thanks

Seems your advice is spot on again Viz.

The best lights-off operating temperature is generally about 10-15°F cooler than the lights-on operating temperature. This temperature drop is significant enough to allow a plant to go through its normal process of rest and transpiration, but is not so great that problems are caused. Keeping the lights-off temperature within 10-15°F of the lights-on operating temperature serves as a safeguard against pathogens, especially molds and fungi.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,965 Times

Optimum temps will surely be strain dependant, what suits indica strains, may not suit sativa strains, whose gene pools are as geographically diverse as they come. But as a guide I think most would agree that anywhere between 28-22c is where most of would like to be.

ATB.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rockhopper For This Useful Post:

B.A.BARACUS (26-11-16)

Thanks

Think I will try for 76 -78F on and 69F off.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rockhopper View Post
    Optimum temps will surely be strain dependant, what suits indica strains, may not suit sativa strains, whose gene pools are as geographically diverse as they come. But as a guide I think most would agree that anywhere between 28-22c is where most of would like to be.

ATB.
    This game gets more complicated by the minute (more interesting though, it would be boring if it was easy, and everyone and their mother would be growing top notch marijuana)

15. The Following User Says Thank You to toblue For This Useful Post:

rockhopper (26-11-16)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast