Thread: white prawny bugs in pot saucer/tray?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,999 Times

Question white prawny bugs in pot saucer/tray?

Checking over my babies last night, in the saucers under the pots noticed that one was teeming with lively little white prawny/insecty/buggy things in the residual water, about 1-2mm long.

Any ideas what they are?
    Are these gnat larvae?
    What damage can they do?
    How can I get rid?

Don't have pics as I wiped up the residual and bugs in one fell swoop pronto like.

My bodies at work but mind is somewhere better
    Thanks

Sounds like you've got thrips buddy. Have you got any leaf damage looking a bit like silvery slug trails.

Check my diary link in my signature, i've had a summer of the little shits...easy to remedy though.
    If you liked my post then be a thanker, if you didn't then you can call me a

Thanks

Get a bottle of this stuff.. Ive got some and it works with thrips and all sorts of shitty bugs. And you only need a few drops.

Product Description
    Canadian Xpress Nilnat is a biological treatment for Fungus Gnat (Scariad Fly). It is non toxic, Safe to humans, animals and the environment. There is no withholding period and it can be used right up to harvest. Nilnat is effective in all types of hydroponic systems as well as in soil, compost and coco fiber. It is has an extremely high dilution rate giving the grower a product that can also be used as a preventative measure against these troublesome pests without it breaking the bank!

Nilnat is added to your nutrient solution and gets to work at the source of the problem by killing the larvae that are laid by the adult flies around the roots of the plant. It is these larvae that do the damage to your plants by eating away at the roots. Nilnat works by depositing a small crystal by the roots of the plant that the larvae eat. This crystal then swells inside of the larvae causing it to burst and die. You will notice that after a period of time the number of fly’s in the grow room will start to diminish as the larva are being wiped out. Even though Nilnat will effectively deal will infestations of Fungus Gnats, don’t wait until you get a breakout before using it! Using a few drops of NilNat in your nutrient solution as a preventative will guarantee that these pests will leave your plants well alone!
    1 x 20ml bottle is enough to treat 2000 liters of nutrient solution!
    • Easy to use dropper bottle
    • Economical
    • Safe

http://www.progrow.co.uk/acatalog/info_4859.html <<>> go to this site

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Greensmith View Post
    Sounds like you've got thrips buddy. Have you got any leaf damage looking a bit like silvery slug trails.
    Nope, had a fly attack couple of weeks ago. Symptoms were white markings on some plants upper leaves but flower safe insecticide and sticky fly traps cured that.

As these seem to be larvae I didn't want to have to spray the roots with the same stuff (not that it would be possible to)

Second comment seems to be a possible, shame it's 20quid a pop though and I am skint till next week.

Thanks

Trust me young man this works ive used it on NFT HYdro a few times and its worksssssssss,.

Look into my eyes , look into my eyes, you will , you will buy this little bottle of stuff to help your plants

But £20 .... its worth it.. to save a juicy plant that will give you some good ganja

Thanks

I will obey master....nilnat......nilnat......nilnat.....ommmm