Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: mollasses is treacle ?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,999 Times

Default mollasses is treacle ?

Title says it all really

spotted a few folks on here feeding organic black strap mollases to flowering plants.

Am I correct in thinking that a tin of lyles black treacle will do the jobby? or is it something completely different (monty python pun intended)?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,596 Times

Treacle is apparently fine to use yes. Can't say for myself but folks defo use it... It's made from mollasses

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,660 Times

Quote Originally Posted by goodbuddy View Post
    Title says it all really

spotted a few folks on here feeding organic black strap mollases to flowering plants.

Am I correct in thinking that a tin of lyles black treacle will do the jobby? or is it something completely different (monty python pun intended)?
    tate and lyle black treacle is mollasses
    if you're retired or you ain't got a job and you ain't growing and smoking weed ,i don't know what the fuck you are doing!

Thanks

Yep it's fine man - got it at the ready right now!

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,999 Times

Thanks peeps,

omt : is it used as a bloom enhancer type feed or just a regular flower feed?

Monty Bong Guest

I think you need unsulphured mollasas and I'm not sure that Tate & Lyle is unsulphured.
    A few months back I phoned their customer service line to ask and they didn't know either
    I have used T&L black treacle before, but I'm not sure that it had any effect, so I don't bother any more.

Thanks

You can get sugar cane molasses, and beet molasses i think. You need the sugar molasses. Think its pretty much whats in bioheaven.

As for black treacle, i'm not sure
    "Medicines often produce side effects. Sometimes they are physically
    unpleasant. Cannabis too has discomforting side effects, but these are not physical
    they are political"

Thanks

I am using T&L black treacle. I mixed 1 tsp into a litre bottle of warm tapwater and some rainwater. The plant seems to be liking it very much, definitely plumping up at least as fast as ever if not faster and the plant's looking very green and healthy.

Treacle and Molasses are basically the same, just slight differences in the refining process maybe. Not sure about this sulphur thing but it's certainly not harming the plant at all.
    Excuse me while I light my spliff

9. The Following User Says Thank You to taro_todoroki For This Useful Post:

babybud3232 (04-04-11)

Thanks

The technical difference between “treacle” and “Molasses” is that molasses is obtained from the drainings of raw sugar during the refining process and treacle is made from the syrup obtained from the sugar. They are not the same, to complicate things there are 3 grades of molasses, blackstrap is the one you want. Compare some organic blackstrap molasses to treacle and not only do they differ in colour and consistency but also taste.

Blackstrap molasses unlike Treacle (which is Dark Molasses, Light Molasses is Golden Syrup) is much less sucrose left and just all the nutrition from the cane juice, concentrated, per tbsp is 4.5 mg of useable iron as well as Calcium, Magnesium, Potassium, Vitamin B Complex, Chromium and other minerals, manganese, copper, and selenium. Organic is preferred as this often has a white/paler layer on top of active yeast which when added to the soil really wakes it up and gets it working.

Sure Treacle is easier to find but thats just because not many of us venture into Holland & Barrett or similar health food shops maybe lol?
    Last edited by Nephilim; 11-11-09 at 04:49 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Nephilim For This Useful Post:

babybud3232 (04-04-11)

Thanks

Thought I best add that though its all good, organic and natural, its powerful stuff so don't overdo it, an excess of Iron will lock out Potassium, Manganese and Nitrogen.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast