Thread: how much will oil hold before total saturation

Thanks

Default how much will oil hold before total saturation

Hello All.

Newbe here.... Does anyone have a rule of thumb on what it takes to max out coconut oil? I just don't want to waste anything. I have used a 1/4 oz bud with 2.5cups oil with good results. I tried 1/2 oz bud with 3 cups and the results were about the same. I was disappointed. I thought it would be much stronger. I didn't think i was close to saturation but maybe I was. Any advise would be appreciated...
    All decarb and quality was the same...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to lakerat For This Useful Post:

Medicine-man Guest

Quality must be an issue here unless you made a mistake in the recipe.

Normally you would add 1 oz to 2 cups of oil

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Medicine-man For This Useful Post:

M_C (28-11-16), Samwise Gamgee (29-11-16)

Thanks

thanks. Quality wasn't a problem but i do understand your point. Not sure why i had that result but will keep experimenting. I have read several places that 1oz for a pound of butter so I can't imagine that I'm even close to saturation.

Thx

6. The Following User Says Thank You to lakerat For This Useful Post:

Medicine-man Guest

Quote Originally Posted by lakerat View Post
    thanks. Quality wasn't a problem but i do understand your point. Not sure why i had that result but will keep experimenting. I have read several places that 1oz for a pound of butter so I can't imagine that I'm even close to saturation.

Thx
    This is the problem with infused oils as you have no idea of the cannabinoid content. I use ISO for extraction and on some occasions, the flowers will yield 1 gram of oil per oz "less" than other oils runs from the same plant. Most likely flowers from lower down the plant that haven't produced enough trichomes compared to the flowers from the top.
    Last edited by Medicine-man; 29-11-16 at 02:35 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Medicine-man For This Useful Post:

Samwise Gamgee (29-11-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 17,171 Times

You do notice a big difference using Bud over trim, since I gave up smoking joints thou, i don't bother trimming the bud, I just remove fan leaves when I harvest and then grind it all up to make oil with. I seem to average about 3 or 4g of oil per ounce dong it this way, but again a lot is dependent on how much crystal the plants have on the flowers

Thanks

wow i have a ton to learn......I have only used coconut oil and have had a great time with it. I would like to increase the strength so I will just start to use .5 oz with the same oil amount i suppose.
    Thx!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to lakerat For This Useful Post:

Medicine-man Guest

Quote Originally Posted by lakerat View Post
    wow i have a ton to learn......I have only used coconut oil and have had a great time with it. I would like to increase the strength so I will just start to use .5 oz with the same oil amount i suppose.
    Thx!
    Coconut oil is great for recreational use my friend
    Enjoy the ride