Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Problems with new growth.

Thanks

Default Problems with new growth.

Hello,

Below are some pictures of some new sprouts. The big leaves were damaged due to lack of water. But the new leaves have come in and 2/3 plants have yellowing tips. What could this be?

My setup:
    70 RH
    71-81 Degrees
    18/6 Light cycle
    5.8 PH
    Foxfarm Ocean Forest
    Foxfarm big bloom nutes
    LED lights 18 inches from plants

I think I did over water them a bit, but without nuets.

Any help would be appreciated!
    Thanks

Thanks

I forgot to add this is my first grow. That could be normal I wouldn't knowing

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 13,492 Times

How long are they on the go? Fox farm might be a bit hot for youngster cause the tip burn but the ones in the pics seem ok

Up the irons

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to The budda For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (29-11-16), ERBURT (29-11-16), Twisted hate (29-11-16)

Viz Guest

This is like the umpteenth thread with the same symptoms and Foxfarm growing medium I have seen in the last little while.

Budda has it spot on I think. Foxfarm soil is seemingly very hot and little plants are struggling at first. Should get over this period and be fine.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Viz For This Useful Post:

ERBURT (29-11-16), Twisted hate (29-11-16)

MrChedHead Guest

Keep it simple, keep it canna. 😝👍🏻

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 39,862 Times

Its a soil grow mate so no need to alter ph as soil will buffer for you + 5.8 is way out of range for optimal nutrient uptake using soil.. 6.5/8 is optimal

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to B.A.BARACUS For This Useful Post:

ERBURT (29-11-16), Twisted hate (29-11-16)

Thanks

Thanks for the replies. I'll keep an eye on them.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 56,239 Times

That is nute burn and possible uneaven watering from one extreme to the next ,your soil looks very soggy , soil likes to be moist , not wet , never do this when plant is small like this , just water the root zone and keep a even moisture . At this stage in a plants life 25% nutrient strenght at the very maximum . then slowly graduate up to the plants needs .

Add some more perlite or vermeculite in there to Aerate your soil . Just water until the soil can clump a bit by lightly pressing it between finger tis , as soon as she can stick , that all you need .

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

Twisted hate (29-11-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 56,239 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Trex View Post
    That is nute burn and possible uneaven watering from one extreme to the next ,your soil looks very soggy , soil likes to be moist , not wet , never do this when plant is small like this , just water the root zone and keep a even moisture . At this stage in a plants life 25% nutrient strenght at the very maximum . then slowly graduate up to the plants needs .

Add some more perlite or vermeculite in there to Aerate your soil . Just water until the soil can clump a bit by lightly pressing it between finger tis , as soon as she can stick , that all you need .

Ph of soil , the Goldilocks zone is 6.5 , at that PH , all macro and micro nutrients become available , below 6 PH many become unavailble as they are unsoluble , the roots cannot absord them , then defficiencies start .
    You can use Dolomitic Limestone , but that stuff is very easy to throw everything out of whack , especially if the plant is already planted , best you do that before you plant anything ,. Too much and you get too high ph , then its almost impossible to lower it .

Compost is a buffer , its microbiological bugs and funguses will allow trace elements to be uptaken no matter the ph , So mix some in your pot NOW .

Compost can hold 500% of its weight in water . And since peat has 0 nutritional value , the only way to keep a plant going in that is to blast it with nutes all the time , compost buffers that aalso .

Work some compost , and more perlite in your mix , reduce the nuts down to 25% , water evenly and you will be good .

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

Twisted hate (29-11-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 39,741 Times

Soils too rich in feed and over feeding them

Autos
    Redemption Grow Take 2

Photo's
    Green lizard lick growing
    Exodus cheese exo-bition

THERE IS A STRICT 10 PLANT MAXIMUM RULE ON THIS SITE!.YOU WILL BE BANNED FOR BREACHING THIS!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast