Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: DWC setup .

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 56,239 Times

Default DWC setup .

Ive been researching new methods on Hydropinic culture . DWC seems to be very attractive .

I miss doing HYDRO , my organic soil method makes the best quality weed ,hands down compared to my old ebb n flow system , but its much slower , better but slower then hydro.

So after much research and reading diaries , ive decided to Try a one Bucket 4USG DWC . Im going to Do a side by side Organic Soil vs organic DWC .diary after the 2 Liter competition is over and my repairs are over in the part of the groom .

Ive fabricated my own System , 4usg bucket , 1 Aquarium air pump witha 6 inch bubbler stone , made a flip lid to check EC ph . i added a recirculating pump in there also to slow down algae and unwanted bacterial growth in there. ANd i made my own netted pot 4" , that seems small though , I was wondering what size of netted pot you guys use ?

The last time i did hydro was over 10 years ago . for Ponics Organic Nutes , whats the best these days ? The biocanna seemed to have very good reviews . I like my things as simple as can be , I hated having 15 bottles of additives to add , then fuck things up becasue things got too complicated . I want a complete Quality without paying for MARKETING and ADVERTISING like a few brands have become ........

If DWC hits it with me , I will design a bigger SIMPLE cost effective system with STANDARD PLUMBING fittings that are AVAILABLE at any hardware store , draw up some plans and post them up for you guys . Ive been looking at systems they sell for 600$ crazy shit you can build yourslef for 150$ , they use non standrd pipe fittings and all sorts of specialized crap that is overcomplicated , I will simplifie it and design it properly .

Let me know what you think .
    Last edited by Trex; 29-11-16 at 02:07 PM.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (01-12-16), GEORGE (21-12-16), Northern (08-12-16), redisiel (01-12-16), toblue (21-12-16)

Viz Guest

Make it happen Trex - is this going to be your grow diary or just a feeler? Either way subbed for this.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Viz For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-12-16), redisiel (01-12-16), Trex (29-11-16)

Thanks

Ohh VIZ , unfortunatly wont be happening till my current ladies are done , end of January my friend . My old 2 room system had to be dismantled for foundations repairs , I just need to mount a wall back up , insulate , paint and reconfigure things , pretty much rebuild the whole damn thing hahaha , wont be til end of january , pretty much when the 2l PEPSI challenge is done , I just have a temporary single combo veg/flower room room at the moment with 6 ladies and dont think ill be able to synk everything up nor is there any place , the current ladies are 3 weeks old so that would make it imposible to make a Soil vs DWC ,

What kind of hydropnic nutes are people using these days ? what size of netted pots ?
    Last edited by Trex; 29-11-16 at 02:40 PM.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-12-16), redisiel (01-12-16)

Thanks

Heres a quick pic i took other day . This is a very temporary setup . Nothing to be proud of mechanically and easthetically but will suffice for this grow .

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-12-16), joker_the_smoker (01-12-16), redisiel (01-12-16), Samwise Gamgee (29-11-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Viz View Post
    Make it happen Trex - is this going to be your grow diary or just a feeler? Either way subbed for this.
    keep subdded to thread , and when Im ready end of January, ill post it here and we do a organic DWC vs Organic Soil self challenge Diary . Mark it on the callendar folks hahaha

I need to buy Ec and Ph pens , mine are kaput , Hanna is the best Quality , hands down the best these last one where 10-12 years old , Its what I use on the job for plumbing testing boiler water and what not . A few thing to invest in , and since xmas is around the corner , i cant spend too much at the moment .

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Ok well im done working on my DWC system , all is ready for liftoff , Will post pics tomorrow, so high on oil right now i can barely type ... Ive bought nutrients , I bought the Remo 3 part , grow ,flora and micro should be in next week from Toronto ,rooting additives (rhizotnic)will be making myself from kelp/seaweed and shellfish compost tea, and Bud boom additive myself with Seaweed and Molasses and honey (both additives aare a project of mine in progress )...

Blue Dream from Humboldt seeds will be the strain . One in soil one in DWC , organic style both of them in 4USG pots. Never grown Blue Dream , so im gonna start doing some fine tune research on her ..... then will get the party started !!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,728 Times

Will be really interested in this one as DWC looks cool and something i would like to do in a few grows time,...have subbed and flopped down into my armchair.... roll on end of Jan. 😀

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Glynne For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-12-16), redisiel (01-12-16), Trex (27-12-16)

Thanks

Ok here we go fellas . Prototype single DWC system .

Made this for about 50$ Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20161201_105208_HDR.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	34.9 KB 
ID:	336434Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20161201_105738_HDR.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	33.8 KB 
ID:	336435

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-12-16), joker_the_smoker (01-12-16), redisiel (01-12-16)

Thanks

Is this enough bubbling , hope to fuck cuz ive got 3 ,6" airstones in there . The pump is a shitty one ,all they had in town will have to get a better one on amazon .

Im gonna have to modify how the pump is mounted cuz she vibrates like crazy . Back to drawing board for that part

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-12-16), redisiel (01-12-16), Samwise Gamgee (01-12-16)

camkush Guest

Very interesting. A little above my head as ive only done a few hydro grows, but I wish yall luck pal. I posted mainly so I could follow this, thanks.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to camkush For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast