Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: DVLA Medical Questionaire HELP UK

Thanks

Default DVLA Medical Questionaire HELP UK

Hi all! Firstly thanks for having me my names TommyT, used to be a casual day smoker but recent incidents have stopped this

So around the start of November my 'friend' was caught with a small amount of cannabis on him after his friends car was pulled over for a routine check. He wasn't behind the wheel of the car and wasn't high at the time but gave up the cannabis ( around .25g). He was given a £90 on the spot fine (even though it's his first offense) and thought that was the end of it.

A few weeks later he received a letter from the DVLA (officer must have reported him) asking him to fill out a drugs questionnaire stating what drugs he has taken in the last 3 years. He doesn't drink or do any other drugs (never has) but is on occasional cannabis user some evenings after work. He is yet to submit the letter but will state that he has used cannabis in the last month.

He's heard horror stories about People losing their licenses as they usually would ask for a follow up drugs test. Is their a chance they won't ask for him to take one? He feels that he would have to take the test in the coming month (read up online) and has only smoked 1 with friends at a party but nothing everyday - perhaps twice in the last month. (Most recently shared a joint 4 days ago) but hasn't been a weekly user for nearly a month now.

He is pretty skinny.. 6ft but only weighs around 10st 7 very fast metabolism.

What are the chances of him being clean for the drugs test? If he shows positive for cannabis is their anychance the DVLA will let it go if he hasn't had any previous troubles with drugs/alcohol ? And has a clean record with his doctor?

He is delaying sending the letter off for another 9 days and expects the test to be after Christmas (in the new year)

Thanks in advance, any advice for him would be fantastic as he has been really really worried about this situation and just bought a new car!
    Last edited by TommyT; 02-12-16 at 05:15 AM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TommyT For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-12-16)

Bulls Guest

I've never heard of something like this so I can't give you a good advice mukka but what I will say is that he shouldn't smoke anything and start drinking plenty of water every day. The fact he has a fast metabolism can be handy in that case but again it depends how long he has before the test if it will be done... but he can start drinking lots of water and stop smoking from today just in case.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bulls For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-12-16)

Thanks

Never heard of this buddy. But in the military they made us piss in pots which were analyzed for drugs. That being said it is also stored in hair folicles meaning if they reallllllly wanted to go alength they could but I doubt it. Do a hitman and shave the hair off and drink loads of water would be what I'd do. loads of water over then next 4-6 weeks lol

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Greenie88 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-12-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,692 Times

Hello & Welcome to THCtalk.com Discussion forum TommyT, hope you enjoy yourself and find plenty of useful information on hear……..

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheDogsNutts For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-12-16), TommyT (05-12-16)

Thanks

Thanks alot everyone for the responses.

Well I've advised him to delay sending the questionnaire back to the DVLA (as it states 21 days) I feel that it won't be processed till after Christmas if he does so.. Which gives him a little more time! He hasn't smoked in 4 days and even then it was just a couple of tokes on a joint. The time before that was 3 weeks ago!

He's started going to the gym 4 times a week now, with 20 minutes of running each time he does. Trying to sweat it out and is drinking 2x green tea and lemon everyday aswell as a healthy diet! (chicken, lots of greens nothing too fatty loads of fibre)

He's ordered a few drugs testing kits so will test himself every week to see if anythings working and is drinking 3 litres of water a day! No fizzy drinks etc. It's a shame that the law in the UK can do this to someone that smokes weed, when he never drives smoking it and only uses it occasionally as a stress relief!

Would it be ok for him to eat carby food or should he stay on a strict no carb diet until the test? Taken on board about the water, not sure if Protein shakes would be ok too?

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TommyT For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-12-16)

Bulls Guest

I would increase the cardio to 30 minutes mate, 20 is just not enough to start sweating off properly. You only just start after the 20th minute. Tell him to do many reps with low weight and short breaks between the sets. Plenty of water, at least 4-5 L a day, tell him to get some chewy Vitamin C, an get 1G of vitamin C per L of water (most pills are 500mg so that's x 2 them)I would keep eating lots of chicken/beef and plenty of vegetables(broccoli, asparagus). Eating watermelon the day before the test will help him dehydrate. Stay away from the fats, eat carbs like oats, baked/mash potatoes(sweet) or brown rice.

I hope it all goes well for your mate.
    p.s Oh and tell him not to smoke anymore!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Bulls For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-12-16)

Thanks

Tell him to buy some drug urine test and salvia kits from Amazon there pennies test himself so he knows what his next step is.....
    "Everybody thinks of changing humanity, but nobody thinks of changing himself."

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Wutang22 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-12-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,032 Times

why all this if he wasn,t behind the wheel of the car? if he wasn,t in control of the car at the time, what has it to do with DVLA?

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to carpetburn For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (04-12-16), M_C (04-12-16), Wutang22 (03-12-16)

Thanks

I know it's rediculous! The police officer said that if he was in possession of some smoke then the dvla should be informed as he owns a driving licence. It's crazy how the uk is going.

Thanks

Yeah, he's going to be drinking lots of water from now until the test time. As he only smoked 5 days ago now how long would it take for that to be cleared from his system? Since the time before that was 3 weeks ago and he's 6ft weighs 10st 6. The police officer seemed to have it out for him... £90 fine and potentially losing his licence over less than £5 worth of smoke?? Power hungry or what.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast