Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: DVLA Medical Questionaire HELP UK

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,573 Times

Default DVLA Medical Questionaire HELP UK

Just don't send anything back? If old bill take it further there's no proof you (your mate) were driving the car?

Thanks

Teapot - says has 21 days to return the letter. Once the questionnaire is answered then they will either ask for a drugs test or just leave it ! But from what I've read, they just send you for a drugs test.. if you fail you lose your licence for 6 months as you are 'unfit to drive'

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,573 Times

Fair enough. So answer no to all questions and make sure it's out his system for any test?

Sums up British old bill...hope it turns out ok 👍

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,371 Times

Just work out and get loads of water and cranberry juice going through the liver..
    Shave your head if your that worried.
    and remember that the motor you were in is now TAGGED by the old bill as and easy pull now..its on record..
    Give them the old flimflam about it was a 1 off and you will drink and drive instead of smoking and flying from now on..
    If all else fails you will be fit and healthy and now you can walk or run everywhere.
    The above is just opinion..My opinion is law in my world..

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,352 Times

Quote Originally Posted by carpetburn View Post
    why all this if he wasn,t behind the wheel of the car? if he wasn,t in control of the car at the time, what has it to do with DVLA?
    exactly what i was thinking.
    if he wasn't driving the car and the car isnt registered in your mates name its got fuck all to do with the dvla. something doesn't add up here!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to uparoundthebend For This Useful Post:

carpetburn (05-12-16)

Thanks

Nope! Wasn't his car and he was only a passenger! It was a brand new Audi and the police officer pulled them over because the driver was young. Am I right to say that it should have been a cannabis warning for first time offence?

Uparoundthebend - I know it's a joke isn't it! The copper even put handcuffs on him, read him his rights (over less than a joints worth!!) and told him to sit up against a wall (while shinning a torch on him) he said he felt very vulnerable and embarrassed as everyone driving past were watching him.

All of my friends that have been caught with smoke on them have never had a problem with the dvla being informed nor did they get a £90 fine. The worst bit about this is he will have to pay £180 to take the drugs test too! So he's nearly £300 down already.

Thanks

right in my (1/2 a law degree) opinion, i'd say leave it, its highly unlikely the CPS will forward to court, simply as its not really in the interest of the public anymore and its even more unlikely due to the costs involved for a very nominal amount, any solicitor would argue that as you were not driving and the car wasnt registered to u its not really applicable, the worst they can do is give u a fine....however a solicitor will also argue that u already had the fine issued....if u require further accurate clarification of the law pls ask
    I am not a bitch, I just have a low tolerance for bullshit!! - quote: Myself
    and lo, the moral high ground was surrounded by the valley of hypocrisy - quote: Myself, again

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...reath-lodgers) - all done and dusted !!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to techiebabe For This Useful Post:

carpetburn (05-12-16)

Thanks

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 66,662 Times

Drugs testing for the five o is no different the alcohol testing . He has to be found in charge of the vehicle under the influence and above the safe limit to drive and yes in the UK you are aloud to have thc in your system and still drive they have a actual measurable limit . The on the road side kit still needs to be backed up by blood samples taken in the station . To prove you was under the influence at the time of being in charge of the vehicle . He can't be banned from driving just because he's been high at one point of his life . A good brief would have this sorted in no time

sent from mission control

12. The Following User Says Thank You to British green For This Useful Post:

Thanks

in fact i amend my previous advice, tell him to take the test to avoid revocation of licence but the likelihood of them detecting anything is very very small, assuming yr estimation of his intake is relatively accurate, providing he doesnt smoke between now and then

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast