Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: vegging plants small, squat and very dense

Thanks

Default vegging plants small, squat and very dense

Hi everyone,

I'm growing with a new set up, grow tent and Mars Hydro reflector 192. My vegging plants are 2 half weeks into veg (once month from seed) and very squat (5 '' tall) but have really thick stems, and lots of branch and leaf growth. but really tight inter nodes. I'm not sure if this is good as my previous grows the plants have stretched more. The plants are mega dense with foliage..is this a good or bad thing?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ORIGIN For This Useful Post:

redisiel (04-12-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 29,329 Times

Hello mate, these sound exactly like a couple shackzillas I have been vegging under t5's for weeks with a lot of stem crushing on mine though to keep them this way.
    I only crushed the base of the stems but the whole stem just stayed really tight!

A bad thing? I think nice tight nodes with a nice stretch will give us super tight arse colas brother well at least I hope mate lol.
    A pic or two would be nice mate
    Best wishes
    Redz
    NO-TILL Gardening with REDZ

REDZ BUILDS LIVING SOIL!!!

Redz & Ironjustice Do super lemon haze in rdwc for GWP

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...n-rdwc-for-GPW(COMPLETE)
    LOOSE LIPS SINK SHIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to redisiel For This Useful Post:

Viz Guest

Share what strain your plants are, as some plants are naturally very dense and bushy.

Thanks

thanks guys,

Im growing;

1x bid buddha blue cheese (nice growth patter however no smell!!)
    1x sensi seeds northern lights (nice plant, good smell, gets a bit limp at night lol!)
    1x girl scout cookies (struggled in germination but going good now)
    1x bubblicious (struggled in germination however doing great also)
    1x afghan kush durban poisen mix (freebie seed, great plant but THIS IS THE MEGA DENSE)
    1x holy grail kush (dna genetics great plant but THIS IS THE MEGA DENSE)

So I'm guessing the kush plants may have this in common?

worried about the density of the kush's and also the lack of smell with the the cheese and the 'night time droopiness' of the northern lights.

thanks peeps

Viz Guest

I would not worry about things at all. The girls are growing how they should be growing. Remember that they will shoot up quiet considerably once they have consolidated their root structure. Not to mention double in height during the stretch.

Smell, that will come be patient.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,573 Times

My last grows with my leds the plants have kept short and stout, spurted into life after about 4 weeks but stayed short and wide.

I remove a few fan leaves to open them up and top but it's still all new to me 👌

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. The Following User Says Thank You to _teapot_ For This Useful Post:

ERBURT (07-12-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 56,239 Times

how far are your lights from plant ?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,573 Times

Ive had them from 32 down to 18 inches this time. Kept them minimal last run and burnt/bleached the tops of the highest buds first run

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks

thanks dudes!

Good responses there. I have my lights at about 10'' and think this may be a little close. I'll try raising them to 15'' away and maybe this will help. I think the point about the stretch is good, peeps usually say squat is better than lanky plants. It's just one plant in particular is so squat he new growth is twisting as there's no room for the leaves to grow.

I took the advice about a little bit of defoliating and removed some wispy lower stuff, this may help the main branches to grow apart from each other a bit.

I'll try and provide some picture of that plant and the others so you guys can see.

I read a bit about LED possibly stunting vertical growth if there a bit close but then again I'll just raise the lights a bit.

Chat later peeps!

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 56,239 Times

I keep my 2. 300 watts led at 14" the seedling do not like them that low . So i had them at 20" and above for seedling .

Every led manufacturer is different . Seems like one extreme to the next . Best let the plants tell you then follow their instruction .

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast