Thread: Clone Dome Alternative

Viz Guest

Default Clone Dome Alternative

So you have decided to clone, and you have a couple of babies that you need pot up. Putting a plastic bottle over the plants works a treat but as someone said it does restrict the growth that is possible under the dome.

For those who are new to cloning and taking cuttings here is BudLightyears Clone Guide LINK

Here is the method that I have used for many years to provide a closed environment with high RH % for cloned or grafted plants.

Materials

Some wire, I used plastic coated garden wire.
    Clear plastic bag, freezer bags are best as they are food safe.
    An elastic band or two.
    A pliers

Method

Take the end of the wire in the mouth of the pliers and bend back over onto itself. I leave a few mm extending.

You should have a hook similar to this once done.

Determine how big a crown you want and hook the wire over.

Bend the tail so that it is upright with the crown flat on the table.

Pinch the hook closed to secure in place.

Select the length of the tail and cut with the pliers.

Open your freezer bag and slide the crown first down till it is flush with the bottom of the freezer bag.

Turn over and once you have sprayed the inside of the bag with water/Rhizo mix, or what ever you use. Carefully push the tail part into the medium and slide the freezer bag over the sides of your pot.

Rubber band over the bottom of the pot to secure the freezer bag.

Easy to pop the rubber band down and breath the girls as well as give a spray inside to maintain the desired Rh level.

I do sometimes use a paper punch and clip two holes in the Freezer bag to manage the Rh %.

Cheap easy and effective. You can change the circumference of the crown and the length of the tail as your needs dictate.

*You can use this method of creating a mini greenhouse effect with seedlings too, but as M_C said the other day Auto's do not want to be under the dome for too long. Two to three days is about tops.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Viz For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-01-17), Northern (04-12-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 39,741 Times

Defo need holes in it for oxygen : )
    Nice thread viz : )

Autos
    Redemption Grow Take 2

Photo's
    Green lizard lick growing
    Exodus cheese exo-bition

THERE IS A STRICT 10 PLANT MAXIMUM RULE ON THIS SITE!.YOU WILL BE BANNED FOR BREACHING THIS!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ERBURT For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,551 Times

Tidy Viz. I will always be a fan of the heated propagator with a T5 above it but if funds don't allow that's spot on
    Too weird to live, too rare to die

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Cunning For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,551 Times

Quote Originally Posted by ERBURT View Post
    Defo need holes in it for oxygen : )
    Nice thread viz : )
    I don't agree Erb. Once some roots have sprouted then you could think about popping some holes in the bag. Just my 2 lousy pence

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cunning For This Useful Post:

ERBURT (04-12-16)

camkush Guest

Wow that looks awesome thank you sir!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to camkush For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 56,239 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Viz View Post
    So you have decided to clone, and you have a couple of babies that you need pot up. Putting a plastic bottle over the plants works a treat but as someone said it does restrict the growth that is possible under the dome.

For those who are new to cloning and taking cuttings here is BudLightyears Clone Guide LINK

Here is the method that I have used for many years to provide a closed environment with high RH % for cloned or grafted plants.

Materials

Some wire, I used plastic coated garden wire.
    Clear plastic bag, freezer bags are best as they are food safe.
    An elastic band or two.
    A pliers

Method

Take the end of the wire in the mouth of the pliers and bend back over onto itself. I leave a few mm extending.

You should have a hook similar to this once done.

Determine how big a crown you want and hook the wire over.

Bend the tail so that it is upright with the crown flat on the table.

Pinch the hook closed to secure in place.

Select the length of the tail and cut with the pliers.

Open your freezer bag and slide the crown first down till it is flush with the bottom of the freezer bag.

Turn over and once you have sprayed the inside of the bag with water/Rhizo mix, or what ever you use. Carefully push the tail part into the medium and slide the freezer bag over the sides of your pot.

Rubber band over the bottom of the pot to secure the freezer bag.

Easy to pop the rubber band down and breath the girls as well as give a spray inside to maintain the desired Rh level.

I do sometimes use a paper punch and clip two holes in the Freezer bag to manage the Rh %.

Cheap easy and effective. You can change the circumference of the crown and the length of the tail as your needs dictate.

*You can use this method of creating a mini greenhouse effect with seedlings too, but as M_C said the other day Auto's do not want to be under the dome for too long. Two to three days is about tops.

Awesome fucking idea viz , I was just thinking about this , one my ladies dont like the low humidity in my groom and man you just nailed it hahaha

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post: