Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: First indoor grow, using LEDS as well..

Viz Guest

I have held off responding about the possible deficiency as I really struggle to see with the lights on. A nice clear normal light photo would be grand.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Viz For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-12-16), The budda (11-12-16)

Thanks

Once I'm home later this arvo from work I'll get some better photos up boys I had a few ideas of maybe calcium definitely or nutes but I'll hear your thoughts soon. Regards Kushin

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kushin69 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-12-16), The budda (10-12-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kushin69 View Post
    Yep another Vipar600, it's really struggling without it but I didn't have the funds till now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have just grown out 4 GHSC strains (Super Bud, Kalashnikova, White Widow & The Doctor) under a ViparSpectra 450 & BossLED 1000watt but the TRUE combined pull from the wall was just 375watts REAL watts.

Still managed 11.75oz from which works out to be 0.88gpw in the area they where grown in.

Those ViparSpectra unit are not bad lights although unusual spectrum (check what NASA has been doing with this type of spectrum for a long time) hence the reason for my particular LED combination as what one unit lacked the other unit made up and likewise.

LED's are coming along at a great pace and it does not take to high end over priced units to grow nice plants. REAL wattage and spectrum is the key.

I have a few different LED units to test out in combinations due to having a completely different layout but that can wait until the new year because I have enough to last a while yet and don't like the temps currently.

The particular diary is in my signature.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	16.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	74.0 KB 
ID:	336812
    Last edited by I'm Sal; 09-12-16 at 11:46 PM.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to I'm Sal For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-12-16), Kushin69 (11-12-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by I'm Sal View Post
    I have just grown out 4 GHSC strains (Super Bud, Kalashnikova, White Widow & The Doctor) under a ViparSpectra 450 & BossLED 1000watt but the TRUE combined pull from the wall was just 375watts REAL watts.

Still managed 11.75oz from which works out to be 0.88gpw in the area they where grown in.

Those ViparSpectra unit are not bad lights although unusual spectrum (check what NASA has been doing with this type of spectrum for a long time) hence the reason for my particular LED combination as what one unit lacked the other unit made up and likewise.

LED's are coming along at a great pace and it does not take to high end over priced units to grow nice plants. REAL wattage and spectrum is the key.

I have a few different LED units to test out in combinations due to having a completely different layout but that can wait until the new year because I have enough to last a while yet and don't like the temps currently.

The particular diary is in my signature.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	16.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	74.0 KB 
ID:	336812
    Yeah I was always a bit confused about the actual wattage on what it meant by that, wasn't sure if that's the watts it uses or just puts out to the plants..wish I actually knew earlier before purchasing this light but I rushed a fair bit of this to get started lol

The only real reason I wanted to use LEDS for was the simple fact that it doesn't put out as much heat in the room like the other lights out there, I'd rather try be discreet as possible if their the lights to get my busted lol do leds put out much inference heat to the police, anyone's thoughts?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Kushin69 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-12-16)

Thanks

I've got a few photos here thatsnive just taken, the flash had to be on since natural lighting doesn't really reach the tent but I tried my best to get a few clear shots of the best ones in there besides the other one that's got some issues...

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kushin69 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-12-16), joker_the_smoker (12-12-16), The budda (10-12-16)

Bulls Guest

New growth looks okay so might be an earlier PH problem. To be honest I will get rid of the hydro setup and stick to 4 plants in soil for that grow mate

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bulls For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-12-16), The budda (11-12-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kushin69 View Post
    do leds put out much inference heat to the police, anyone's thoughts?
    Very little but this can be used to your advantage in the sense of when Autumn night temps start to drop, run your LED's through the night (as always really) and they will keep your temps up to a perfect level. That is if you are growing in unheated outhouse.

I do not grow over winter due to temps and LED's will not help you here. Multiple LED's unit grows can be done 8 months of year without any temp worries and the very least of your worries is the chopper picking your LED heat. Not a worry in the world about that.

Control the smell, make a comfortable environment for your girls, keep your head down and you will have an endless supply of top notch bud.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to I'm Sal For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-12-16), The budda (10-12-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 13,496 Times

Nothing to worry about bro plants are well on track now pics like these will be ideal in future

Up the irons

16. The Following User Says Thank You to The budda For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-12-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bulls View Post
    New growth looks okay so might be an earlier PH problem. To be honest I will get rid of the hydro setup and stick to 4 plants in soil for that grow mate
    Thought so, well I was hoping so anyway that the new growth continues to look like that lol I can pretty stubborn at times and I'm gonna keep the 2 hydros bro I love the way it's looking and I'll only be keeping those 2 and 4 in soil..I know Its probably going to be a little harder but I'm willing to give it a good crack to get results. Thanks bulls

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Kushin69 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-12-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by I'm Sal View Post
    Very little but this can be used to your advantage in the sense of when Autumn night temps start to drop, run your LED's through the night (as always really) and they will keep your temps up to a perfect level. That is if you are growing in unheated outhouse.

I do not grow over winter due to temps and LED's will not help you here. Multiple LED's unit grows can be done 8 months of year without any temp worries and the very least of your worries is the chopper picking your LED heat. Not a worry in the world about that.

Control the smell, make a comfortable environment for your girls, keep your head down and you will have an endless supply of top notch bud.
    Yeah mate as it's my first grow I kinda rushed a little and atm my lights are switching off from 11pm turning back on at 5am when I'm up for work..I live in Australia so the temperature and humidity is pretty fucked at times and hard to control, hopefully after my first grow I'll be able to dial in a bit more when to switch lighting off ect..
    You've given me some peace of mind though Sal thank you mate 🍁

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Kushin69 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-12-16)

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast