Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anyone recommend Plant Success Orca?

Thanks

Default Anyone recommend Plant Success Orca?

On the hunt for some nice bacteria to keep my roots happy. I was using TNC mycorr but really don't like how brown it makes the water because it's harder to keep an eye on how healthy the roots are, and it leaves a load of crap in the bottom of the pots and in the pipe work.

I'm using AN nutes with voodoo juice & Sensizym. I was looking at great white but same again it's a powder form then I came across orca while searching around Google. Read some really good reviews on it but did come across something saying that fungi can't be produced in a liquid form (is this true?) so does orca do the same job as voodoo juice?

Iv not got any problems atm but I have had problems in the pass hence the reason I want something to replace the TNC mycorr to keep everything in tip top condition

Cheers

TG

2. The Following User Says Thank You to thegrower1 For This Useful Post:

redisiel (09-12-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 29,329 Times

It's exspensive but it works I used it two grows ago it worked well but I have a freind who uses it now and I also see how well it works for him. And it was recommended to me by another good grower here that's why I tried it bro
    Best wishes
    Redz
    NO-TILL Gardening with REDZ

REDZ BUILDS LIVING SOIL!!!

Redz & Ironjustice Do super lemon haze in rdwc for GWP

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...n-rdwc-for-GPW(COMPLETE)
    LOOSE LIPS SINK SHIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to redisiel For This Useful Post:

thegrower1 (09-12-16)

Thanks

Nice one Redz, I'm now thinking of sticking with a the AN lineup and going for the Piranha & Tarantula. Not cheap but I only use a 1/4 of their recommended dosage so should last a few grows...

TG

6. The Following User Says Thank You to thegrower1 For This Useful Post:

redisiel (09-12-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,551 Times

Do you really need all this stuff?? That AN roots trio costs a bomb and a plant will grow roots all by itself. Snake oils!
    Too weird to live, too rare to die

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cunning For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (09-12-16), redisiel (09-12-16), thegrower1 (09-12-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 79,866 Times

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bud Lightyear For This Useful Post:

ERBURT (09-12-16), redisiel (09-12-16), thegrower1 (09-12-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cunning View Post
    Do you really need all this stuff?? That AN roots trio costs a bomb and a plant will grow roots all by itself. Snake oils!
    It's just a precaution mate, like I said Iv had many problems in the past. I was in bubble pots a few years ago none stop root rot, I even went down the route of binning the whole system and buying a new one, bleaching the room the lot and still I got root rot! I started using Dutch master zone worked great, lovely white roots started growing after a few days then bang 2 weeks later it's back even with zone in the system! It's like it came immune to it!!

Since using voodoo juice and TNC mycorr in my 80lt pot system things are better, roots still go a little weak and brown but the browning I put down to the TNC...

Anyway think Iv spoke to soon...in flower for 2 weeks now did a full res change 4 nights ago now look what as appeared... roots was white before the res change, think from now on I'll only change about 30% of the water because clearly something isn't right!! I always let the water bubble for at least 24 hours before adding to the system...

Hence the reason I don't mind a few hundred quid on nutes if I have a nice healthy crop and happy roots

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9011.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	6.9 KB 
ID:	336775

Name:	IMG_9006.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	100.5 KB 
ID:	336774

12. The Following User Says Thank You to thegrower1 For This Useful Post:

Cunning (09-12-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thegrower1 View Post
    It's just a precaution mate, like I said Iv had many problems in the past. I was in bubble pots a few years ago none stop root rot, I even went down the route of binning the whole system and buying a new one, bleaching the room the lot and still I got root rot! I started using Dutch master zone worked great, lovely white roots started growing after a few days then bang 2 weeks later it's back even with zone in the system! It's like it came immune to it!!

Since using voodoo juice and TNC mycorr in my 80lt pot system things are better, roots still go a little weak and brown but the browning I put down to the TNC...

Anyway think Iv spoke to soon...in flower for 2 weeks now did a full res change 4 nights ago now look what as appeared... roots was white before the res change, think from now on I'll only change about 30% of the water because clearly something isn't right!! I always let the water bubble for at least 24 hours before adding to the system...

Hence the reason I don't mind a few hundred quid on nutes if I have a nice healthy crop and happy roots

Name:	IMG_9011.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	6.9 KB 
ID:	336775

Name:	IMG_9006.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	100.5 KB 
ID:	336774
    Have you got a chiller? There must be a reason for root rot. Not enough DO, water too warm?

I hope you find a solution to this. It's a fucker when things go wrong but I recon the answer probably isn't found inside expensive bottles.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Cunning For This Useful Post:

thegrower1 (09-12-16)

Thanks

Yes mate had a chiller from day 1. Always keep temps 18-19oC. My pump is 5000 gph pumping 2 80lt pots with 4 spray bars in each so think there should be plenty of DO. I'm not sure if it's something in my tap water and as soon as a plant gets weak it attacks, seems to be only the plant that was suffering from a bit of cal-mag deficiency so maybe that's why?

Very annoying because they was in veg for like 9 weeks no problems what so ever now 2 weeks in roots going brown. Iv always had these problems every time but the plants will always flower to the end and I did 30 oz off one at the beginning of summer so guess it's something Iv just gotta live with

16. The Following User Says Thank You to thegrower1 For This Useful Post:

Cunning (09-12-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thegrower1 View Post
    Yes mate had a chiller from day 1. Always keep temps 18-19oC. My pump is 5000 gph pumping 2 80lt pots with 4 spray bars in each so think there should be plenty of DO. I'm not sure if it's something in my tap water and as soon as a plant gets weak it attacks, seems to be only the plant that was suffering from a bit of cal-mag deficiency so maybe that's why?

Very annoying because they was in veg for like 9 weeks no problems what so ever now 2 weeks in roots going brown. Iv always had these problems every time but the plants will always flower to the end and I did 30 oz off one at the beginning of summer so guess it's something Iv just gotta live with
    Fair enough mate. I'll shut it from now on!

Oh wait, have you tried a sterile res? Just liquid oxygen (peroxide) and dropping the bennies?

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Cunning For This Useful Post:

thegrower1 (09-12-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cunning View Post
    Fair enough mate. I'll shut it from now on!

Oh wait, have you tried a sterile res? Just liquid oxygen (peroxide) and dropping the bennies?
    Haha no mate more heads at this are better than one! I think Dutch master zone makes a sterile environment doesn't it?

I think I might drill a few more holes in the spray bars to agitate the water more, but for now Iv added the TNC mycorr because I know that will pull them through the rest of flowing

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast