Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: can i clone from flowering plant

Thanks

Default can i clone from flowering plant

hello all, disaster struck. I had 6 stonehenge (3 each in seperate nft424 tanks), one of the tanks was contaminated and after 3 weeks the leaves yellowed and the plants stopped drinking. they had to go (well, did a small harvest, waste not want not).
    the other tank is fine and the stoneys will be ready in a month.

My mate who supplied me with clones has dissapeared and although i have a 'power plant' seed about 2" high, it still looks like cress.

So... can i take a clone from my flowering stoney, the buds are developing well so i' looking at snipping right at the bottom, just one to mother as the new seed will be ages.
    I want to get growing the next crop with a minimal delay.

all help much appreciated.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,487 Times

im growing for the 1st time and my 3 clones all had pre flowers from the mother plant. so long as its not an auto strain and put the light on 18/6 then they will go back to vegging. just takes a bit for them to kick off growing again, stress of root growth, switching to vegging etc.
    If someone else more experienced can shed more light on this then i can learn more too!
    Check out my growing diary in "stealth grows" room.
    x

Thanks

It has been argued that around the second week of flowering is the best time to take clones. Don't really know how true it is personally, but you can definitely take clones at least into the second week as I have done it successfully, and I suck at cloning,lol

Jah Bless
    GM
    Legalize marijuana...
    ...it could build up a failing economy -Tosh

weed gets you through times of no money better than money gets you through times of no weed

Thanks

i have taken 2 small cuttings from the smallest branch way down at the base of the plant.
    the cuttings have been spilt slightly down the stem, placed in root powder and then into root riots, in a propogator under a 125w envirolight on 24/7. The cuttings do have small flowers ont hem (about the size of a pea), do i cut these off or leave them on the cuttings?

help, i need to grow!

Thanks

It don't matter, if you want you can. Best Wishes on your clones.

Jah Bless
    GM

Thanks

sorry for worrying about the donor plant thats flowering and getting hacked at but does this not shock the plant and put back finishing times of the plant?say the plant was at the end of second week flowering and had definate flowergrowth

nuube Guest

Quote Originally Posted by pzpilgrim View Post

So... can i take a clone from my flowering stoney,
    You can no problem. I have taken a clone from a plant I was harvesting so a couple of weeks into flower will be no problem.

It did take some time for it to show signs of growth again so take your clones and be patient - all good things come to he who waits

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,660 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Yir wee bud View Post
    sorry for worrying about the donor plant thats flowering and getting hacked at but does this not shock the plant and put back finishing times of the plant?say the plant was at the end of second week flowering and had definate flowergrowth
    any action that redirects the plants energy away from flowering has the possibility of affecting the length of the flowering time or yield.
    if you're retired or you ain't got a job and you ain't growing and smoking weed ,i don't know what the fuck you are doing!

Thanks

thanks wert,think ill not bother with the chopping for the time being as they all look so healthy.

Thanks

Wert is right but to just cut a few off the bottom won't hurt enough to even notice. Consider it the same as trimming to lower branches to focus energy and bud growth to the stronger branches. Just imagine how you'll kick yourself if this plant turns out to be a keeper........

Jah Bless
    GM

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast