Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Going away during cure - what to do

Thanks

Default Going away during cure - what to do

I'm planning on chopping next week, with a week or so to dry I'll only have a couple of days of curing before I go away for 5 days.

I don't want to leave the jars sealed and risk mould forming. If it was to the end of the cure it wouldn't be an issue, but as they'll have only been in the jars a couple of days they're not gonna be as dry as they should.

Am I better to keep it in the jars and leave the lid off? Or put it all into a box and jar up when I get back? What would you do in this situation?

1st Grow - 5x Incredible Bulk
    2nd Grow - 5x Incredible Bulk
    3rd Grow - 4x Incredible Bulk & 1x Delicious Candy
    4th Grow - Incredible Bulk, Delicious Candy & Pakistan Valley
    5th Grow - 1200w 8 Plants Multistrain

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 56,239 Times

Holy shit , hmmmmm either way you be screwed , leave em open too long they end up smelling ike grass clipping , close em you get mold . best leave em open , better to smell then to chance losing it ll to mold

Viz Guest

Wonder if putting in heaps of those 62% humidity sachets will help. Lots of jars a third full with three of sachets in each jar.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

ano its not best idea but over dry them a little, i way over dried last time straight in jars a about 58% think was down to my dehumidifier blowin hot air out. but the bud still smelled and tasted bangin didnt have to do much burping tbh

Thanks

Providing your buds go in the jars at the correct humidity and it stays at the correct humidity there is no need to burp the jars. I never burp mine. Open for a quick sniff every 3-4 days but thats it. Never had mould either

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 56,239 Times

Just take your weed ,dump it in a bag of rice ..thatll keep your weed dry pmsl lol

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Thanks

Fingers crossed I can get them dry enough to start the cure a couple days before I go away. Annoyingly I don't think I'll be able to use the dehumidifier this time round as neighbours have moved in next door, and it's stupidly loud. Half tempted to take the lot with me where I'm going so I can keep an eye on it!

Viz Guest

Quote Originally Posted by sodangerous View Post
    Fingers crossed I can get them dry enough to start the cure a couple days before I go away. Annoyingly I don't think I'll be able to use the dehumidifier this time round as neighbours have moved in next door, and it's stupidly loud. Half tempted to take the lot with me where I'm going so I can keep an eye on it!
    If you are not crossing borders or going through customs, then elegant solution to take with you.

Thanks

I left mine in jars for weeks burping them as normal, thought they was dry left em too long, lost 3 ounces to mold. Cried and cried and cried some more. Get loads of them sachet things in there just in case

Thanks

The other option is to chop the day before I go and leave them drying over the 5 days I'm away.

I can leave the oil radiator / extraction on and rig up a fan on timer or something, the only thing is if the humidity goes silly I'm not gonna be around to lower it = mould.

Arghhhh!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to sodangerous For This Useful Post:

M_C (19-12-16)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast