Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: anyone running 2 filters

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 39,862 Times

Quote Originally Posted by British green View Post
    What's the point of a filter if it's got air gaps in it to allow unfiltered air through it . If it was mine is be on the phone and screaming at them WTF .

sent from mission control
    Yeah I'm with you there mate, Wasn't aware they worked that way.. So if you shake one & it rattles, send the fucker back lol...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to B.A.BARACUS For This Useful Post:

British green (03-03-17)

Thanks

It was a rhino. A brand new one. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't a total smell failure, maybe 1-2% leakage after 4 hours or so. If I gave it a knock it'd be another 4 hours before it'd leak again.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ragnbone For This Useful Post:

British green (03-03-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 66,662 Times

You shouldn't get any settlement in the filter and they should be filled under vacuum . I've had some really cheap ones and used them as intake filters and for scrubbing air within the room and they have always rattled I've used rhinos and now use one called a kazien which is a hydro shops own brand . I don't get a rattle or no settlement . I've overworked a small filter with a large fan which caused a epic smell failure . I'd personally send it back . Was it brought from a reputable company . Could it have been a cheap re_filled filter

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by British green View Post
    You shouldn't get any settlement in the filter and they should be filled under vacuum . I've had some really cheap ones and used them as intake filters and for scrubbing air within the room and they have always rattled I've used rhinos and now use one called a kazien which is a hydro shops own brand . I don't get a rattle or no settlement . I've overworked a small filter with a large fan which caused a epic smell failure . I'd personally send it back . Was it brought from a reputable company . Could it have been a cheap re_filled filter

Thanks for the advice, it was a while ago so its since been dismantled and disposed of. It was genuine though, you can physically see the difference in quality in the carbon they use compared to the cheapo I also dismantled at the same time. It was much smaller and evenly shaped whereas the cheapo was filled with larger oblong carbon.

It must have just been a dud.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ragnbone For This Useful Post:

British green (03-03-17)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3