Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: anyone running 2 filters

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,849 Times

Quote Originally Posted by bigbadbillybob View Post
    Hello all. After a recent bust i am having to start over.
    Now i used Rhino pro filter before and vented into the attic, but it was smell that got me caught.

I wondered if anyone runs two filters, like one at each end of the extract pipework/ ducting.

So it would be _FILTER----->DUCT------>FAN------->DUCT---------> FILTER
    I was thinking it could only help

Anyone tried this at all?
    Maybe im being over-paranoid.
    best secure route would be to have filter>fan extract into room and then a seperate extract from room itself, to loft.

that way youll know if the filter is underperforming/end of life by smell in the room.

if the filter is matched to the fan and filter is decent one then therell be no smell,simples.

obviously fan needs to be decent size to begin with,you dont mention sizes etc which has me wondering.

having one fan two filters,one at each end is a silly idea imo.

in emergancy situations ie, the event of a filter dying, bodge another old filter inline(filter>filter>fan) perhaps as a bodge till new filter is bought.
    have to remove endplate and use LOTS of sticky tape
    Last edited by ggotch; 11-12-16 at 12:20 PM.

Thanks

I ran a filter at each end my last few grows. I wouldn't have it any other way now where possible. It gives added peace of mind and also silences the extracting air.

I honestly believe it should be the go to way of doing things.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,555 Times

I did it on my last grow but not this one

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Terajuana View Post
    I did it on my last grow but not this one
    Have you noticed any differences? Which one would you recommend?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,555 Times

To be honest I was running too little volume through the filter and some leaked out so by doing 2 I was able to catch that little leak while keeping the airflow low

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Terajuana For This Useful Post:

ragnbone (03-03-17)

Thanks

I got started with it similarly but I was pulling too much air. The filter was supposedly rated for a higher airflow but after about 4 hours it started leaking smell, what was happening was that the fan would suck so much the charcoal inside shifted slightly and there was an unfiltered path created through it. If I gave the filter a shake it would right itself again so rather than by a variac I tried putting a small filter on the end and voila! Best thing I ever did, I'm mega paranoid about smell.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

British green (05-03-17), ragnbone (03-03-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 66,662 Times

I've ran a double filter system a long time back but you need to use twice the size filter you'd normally use for the fan size not to restrict the air flow and to make sure the fan isn't over working . If you're filter has a space inside it . It hasn't been filled properly and more than likely is a cheapo filter and you should have got a rhino and if it's a rhino or another high end filter you should have returned it . They are normally filled under vacuum and on a vibrating bed to make sure they is no gaps

sent from mission control

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to British green For This Useful Post:

B.A.BARACUS (03-03-17), Happy roken (04-03-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 39,862 Times

Quote Originally Posted by British green View Post
    I've ran a double filter system a long time back but you need to use twice the size filter you'd normally use for the fan size not to restrict the air flow and to make sure the fan isn't over working . If you're filter has a space inside it . It hasn't been filled properly and more than likely is a cheapo filter and you should have got a rhino and if it's a rhino or another high end filter you should have returned it . They are normally filled under vacuum and on a vibrating bed to make sure they is no gaps

Interesting stuff mate, never knew that..

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

13. The Following User Says Thank You to B.A.BARACUS For This Useful Post:

British green (03-03-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 66,662 Times

Quote Originally Posted by B.A.BARACUS View Post
    Interesting stuff mate, never knew that..

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    What's the point of a filter if it's got air gaps in it to allow unfiltered air through it . If it was mine is be on the phone and screaming at them WTF .

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to British green For This Useful Post:

B.A.BARACUS (03-03-17)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast